Official Season Tickets Thread

I've been in my seats every fall Saturday since 1999. That isn't going to change. Ever.

I'm renewing. Might try to move to a cheaper section.

We'll likely be back. I don't mean to be greedy, and I know Coyle just spent $$$ and rolled back the third scholarship increase, but I feel like season ticket holders who have stuck it out need some kind of acknowledgement.

Hot dog and Grain Belt for each game on a season ticket?

Has PJ said yet if the Gopher bench will be in the shade or sun yet?

As Arnold said: I'll be baack

No, not buying back in. I dropped a few yrs ago due to the Megatongue price hike fiasco, went over to the Vikings, and am enjoying my indoor seat thoroughly. I am, however, planning on attending the roadie in Ore St. next season.

Mad about the price hike, so go to the Vikings which cost a heck of a lot more? Let me guess, you also dont like the piped in music and ads at Gopher games?

I myself have not been a season ticket holder, ever. While I don't plan on going "all in" (we are also Vikings season ticket holders and I have three kids who have activities) I definitely want to go to at least 4 games....

I went to 5 home games last year and spent a total of $85 on tickets.
Until that changes no way in hell would I go back to season tickets, which I dropped when A.D. Todd Packer decided to triple the price before getting fired for being a pervert.

Mad about the price hike, so go to the Vikings which cost a heck of a lot more? Let me guess, you also dont like the piped in music and ads at Gopher games?

I guess I don't know what you are talking about with music and ads?

I'm no longer losing money as Vikings tix are shared with several other couples. Gopher tix I routinely lost money as I couldn't go to all the games.

Nope not until Kaler is gone and not sure on Coyle .. will be attending hoops though

Nope not until Kaler is gone and not sure on Coyle .. will be attending hoops though

You realize they have the same oversight of basketball as they do of football? Seems like you're taking an inconsistent position.

Wife and I planned to get each other tickets for our wedding gifts to each other. However, might put that money towards volleyball and mens hoops tickets.

I love the football program but we'll miss a few games with life stuff and to get a tailgate spot is expensive. Still undecided.

Were the tickets singles:confused:

Not another Dime until Kaler and Coyle are fired. I'll go to games to support the team but I will obtain tickets from sources other than the U.

No concessions, no apparel. No more donations to the athletic department, the CLA or the SJMC. The damage done to the school by the administration has not been fixed by this hire. Just like firing Claeys didn't fix anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not another Dime until Kaler and Coyle are fired. I'll go to games to support the team but I will obtain tickets from sources other than the U.

No concessions, no apparel. No more donations to the athletic department, the CLA or the SJMC. The damage done to the school by the administration has not been fixed by this hire. Just like firing Claeys didn't fix anything.

You do realize that Coyle sat down with Claeys and discussed all the supensions, and then the two of them sat down with each suspended player individually and explained the suspensions, right? Claeys told Coyle he understood and agreed, and then told players and parents he didnt agree and didnt know the specifics. And Claeys still is clueless on why he was fired and doesn't seem to remember the scandal with his team.

Not to mention Coyle just went out and had the best hiring this program has seen in decades with regards to having a target, knowing what it would take to get him, and got him.

You do realize that Coyle sat down with Claeys and discussed all the supensions, and then the two of them sat down with each suspended player individually and explained the suspensions, right? Claeys told Coyle he understood and agreed, and then told players and parents he didnt agree and didnt know the specifics. And Claeys still is clueless on why he was fired and doesn't seem to remember the scandal with his team.

Not to mention Coyle just went out and had the best hiring this program has seen in decades with regards to having a target, knowing what it would take to get him, and got him.

It's about how he handled the situation leading up to the suspensions, how he handled the firing and the damage he's done to the uniiversity, not that he fired Claeys. You do understand that, right? Whatever happened between them is inconsequential to the damage Coyle did in his inability to communicate internally to the team and externally to the public.

We'll see on Fleck. He looks good now. I hope he is, but given the situation, I'm concerned about two things: that someone so craven is in charge of athletics and what kind of scenario does he work under? Can he be successful with the "support" he'll get from the admin, and what does it say about PJ Flecks motives that he would take this job under the total sh!tstorm Kaler and Coyle have fanned from a fire, to an inferno.

It didn't take that to get him.

It took a job opening and $3.5M per year.

I'm glad we got him, we could have gotten it and not butchered the entire process.

IN!

Those individuals who claim they will never purchase apparel, concessions, etc., until Coyle and/or Kaler are fired make me laugh. These "fans" are doing more damage to the university than Coyle/Kaler could ever do. By all means, let's fire someone who is trying to clean up the mess within the AD - a mess that has gone on now for years.

I'm still in awe that so many are more angry at the firing of TC than at the "criminal" behavior that has gone on within the athletic department over the past several years. Whether members of the wrestling team are guilty or not...Whether the basketball players are guilty or not....Whether the football players are guilty or not...There has been a lack of accountability at the U for years. Although I feel bad for TC being caught in the middle of it, coaches have a responsibility for their players and when players behavior is allowed to run rampant, it's the coach that takes the heat.

The U has a poor reputation in terms of our athletes behavior and I think we'll see a huge difference in the overall behavior or our student athletes while Coyle is the AD.

When I'm well off enough that I can have both BB and football tickets, I'll give it some serious thought. (That might be when we get our daughters through higher education.) And it won't matter who's coach or even how they're doing.

I'm in. I was in no matter what though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IN!

Those individuals who claim they will never purchase apparel, concessions, etc., until Coyle and/or Kaler are fired make me laugh. These "fans" are doing more damage to the university than Coyle/Kaler could ever do. By all means, let's fire someone who is trying to clean up the mess within the AD - a mess that has gone on now for years.

I'm still in awe that so many are more angry at the firing of TC than at the "criminal" behavior that has gone on within the athletic department over the past several years. Whether members of the wrestling team are guilty or not...Whether the basketball players are guilty or not....Whether the football players are guilty or not...There has been a lack of accountability at the U for years. Although I feel bad for TC being caught in the middle of it, coaches have a responsibility for their players and when players behavior is allowed to run rampant, it's the coach that takes the heat.

The U has a poor reputation in terms of our athletes behavior and I think we'll see a huge difference in the overall behavior or our student athletes while Coyle is the AD.

I'd guess the amount of money that mushed mouth idiot is going to cost the U for his brilliant parking lot commentary is worth way more than my ticket. I've had season tickets for 15 years.

They could have cleaned up the mess with a tiny bit of integrity.

As far as criminal behavior. . .I haven't seen a single person rip on firing J. Robinson.

After the press conference, I guess I'd better renew... Otherwise I'm afraid that Fleck will show up at my door.... and I don't think he will accept a NO.

After the press conference, I guess I'd better renew... Otherwise I'm afraid that Fleck will show up at my door.... and I don't think he will accept a NO.

I'm all in and will renew. His press conference made me switch to decaf and run for my 1960 Gopher helmet !

Probably re up. Hate the way this was all handled, but it is what it is.

Whew! My tickets have been saved at the last minute by the Fleck hire. Year 39 is guaranteed.

Top Bottom