Scout: In terms of recruiting strategy, expect Fleck to be aggressive at Minnesota

It was a joke. There is a running joke on this board about Gopher recruits only being desirable if they have a Western Michigan offer. This goes way back.

Thought it was Central Mich...

He recruited the highest rated OL in MAC history who got offers from Florida, Arkansas etc. etc. I think we would have taken that guy here.

Who is that guy?

Fleck does the same thing. He was Kill's recruiting coordinator at NIU for the love of god.

Then why does everyone think all of a sudden we are gonna get to the middle of the pack or higher with recruit rankings?. I dont but we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#coacheslivesmatter

With the potential of losing 10 players via "the Report", plus a few more due to change or hating the admin it would be great to take as many players from WMU as possible.

A kid to keep an eye on for a offer is 6'5", 185-pound WR Harrison Van Dyne out of Blue Valley HS in Overland Park, KS.

He was offered by Western Michigan but also had offers from Kansas, Wyoming and Ohio. Iowa is heavily looking at him as a possible offer guy pending what Oliver Martin does.

Van Dyne's dad Yale played for Michigan back in the very early 90's.

I keep thinking of that grad transfer QB from ND that said he wouldn't decide until January. Can Fleck pull it off?

I was joking because he was..and I couldn't tell by the post that he was joking.

So we both were serious in answers to what was a joke. All good.

Inception-level joking.

Selective comprehension I see...I said on an annual basis. Broken clock is right twice a day. Do you not want sustained excellence? And besides the 2015 Citrus Bowl, when was the last New Year's Day bowl the Gophs played? I'll wait...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

While not many, in all fairness if we had more than mediocre fan support it would have/could have been 3 since 2000. Still not great but our lack of fan support hurts us, just like a dreadful Iowa team lept up into a New Year's Day bowl because the "entire state" travels to the bowl.

We've recently been in a new years day bowl game without those types of players. Other teams have done it as well. Dont give me that crap it cant be done. Rankings matter but it matters more if the players fit the system.

#coacheslivesmatter

Actually P5 teams rarely finish in the top 25 without a top 25 class on the roster.

Is it wrong to want him to keep some more of the out-state Minnesota boys from FCS powerhouse and consistent Gopher-beater NDSU?

Top Bottom