PiPress: Woodbury recruit on Tracy Claeys’ firing: ‘It’s a big blow to me’

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dane:

East Ridge High School running back Dominik London was shocked to learn about the firing of University of Minnesota football coach Tracy Claeys.

“This is the first time I’ve heard of it,” London said in a phone conversation with the Pioneer Press. “Wow. I don’t know.”

London — a three-star recruit, according to a number of recruiting websites — committed to the Gophers in June. London said he also received interest from Wisconsin, Michigan State, Purdue and North Dakota State in the time leading up to his commitment.

“Coach Claeys and Coach (Dan) O’Brien were the biggest reasons I chose Minnesota,” London said. “It’s a big blow to me.”

London wouldn’t say whether he would reopen his recruitment, though he noted that he’ll take into consideration who the next coach of the program is. Recruits can sign commitments on Feb. 1.

“If I don’t like the head coach, then I don’t really want to be on the team,” he said. “I’ll have to talk to my parents about this entire situation.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/03/east-metro-recruit-on-tracy-claeys-firing-its-a-big-blow-to-me/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom