Starting over can be good for the football program--Les Miles

Ralph

Reaction score
I believe that if the U brings in someone like Les Miles who has a proven track record of winning and recruiting well in the toughest football conference in the country will be a positive. He has won a national championship and he can recruit to the next level and bring in the type of student athletes who can put the Gophers over stupid Wisconsin. Look at what Miles did at LSU against the likes of Alabama, Auburn, and Florida. The competition in the West is not much at all. We all know the Badgers are just lucky being in a weaker division and they would be 4-7 in the Big Ten East.

I know people are mad over Claeys getting fired, but lets think bigger. Minnesota has good facilities in the stadium and the new building and is a great university in one of the best cities in America.

Miles can recruit well throughout the Midwest and nationally given his experience at LSU and Michigan and Okie State.

Let's get Miles. He's a big ten guy from Ohio who wants redemption and would be motivated to win and bring attention and excitement. The Big Ten West is ripe for the taking.

Would rather have kept TC and I wanted to get rid of him.

Problems with TC: game management and bad offense
Problems with Les Miles: same two but with more talent

I believe that if the U brings in someone like Les Miles who has a proven track record of winning and recruiting well in the toughest football conference in the country will be a positive. He has won a national championship and he can recruit to the next level and bring in the type of student athletes who can put the Gophers over stupid Wisconsin. Look at what Miles did at LSU against the likes of Alabama, Auburn, and Florida. The competition in the West is not much at all. We all know the Badgers are just lucky being in a weaker division and they would be 4-7 in the Big Ten East.

I know people are mad over Claeys getting fired, but lets think bigger. Minnesota has good facilities in the stadium and the new building and is a great university in one of the best cities in America.

Miles can recruit well throughout the Midwest and nationally given his experience at LSU and Michigan and Okie State.

Let's get Miles. He's a big ten guy from Ohio who wants redemption and would be motivated to win and bring attention and excitement. The Big Ten West is ripe for the taking.

Better look out Ralph- the EOAA is now investigating suggestive icons for your name on GH as possibly being lewd and demeaning. Hope you're not an active student or employee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Les Miles is desperate to coach again. He has no other options. He would probably be our best logical choice and maybe the money isn't that important to him. But it has to get done quickly to happen...otherwise you have no recruiting class and more transfers.

No way Les Miles would come here. Both Mason and Claeys were insulted and injured, the only winning coaches after Warmath. Coyle, a real jerk, will go with someone younger and the 6 years of Kill/Claeys rebuilding will be tossed away.

Miles want's more money than the U would pay, and at the first chance of success he would Big time us and bail. The Gophers just fired a 9-4 coach. The only one's that will want the job is people that were just fired or castoffs like Pellini, or on the extreme hot seat, that is all we will look forward to. Les Miles wore out his welcome in Baton Rouge, and he wasn't exactly recruiting top notch classes anymore. They got lucky that Ed Orgeron was already on staff, and they will get even more lucky that he and the coaches he kept can coach. Les Miles would only come here for a new paycheck, not to build Minnesota football into anything. I don't want to be dusting off a Moldy Les Miles, he isn't the answer.

We're back to ground zero if they don't make a good to great hire. Don't have to renew my season tickets for a few months......but I'm ready to dump them......and pick up single game tickets.

I'd switch to bball season tickets....but that wouldn't help to make my point on the president and AD.

No way Les Miles would come here. Both Mason and Claeys were insulted and injured, the only winning coaches after Warmath. Coyle, a real jerk, will go with someone younger and the 6 years of Kill/Claeys rebuilding will be tossed away.

You got that right, not going to happen.

Top Bottom