Announcement by the U of M ??

FlaminGopher

Reaction score
Has there been any formal communication issued by the University?
Have players been informed?
What about the staff?
And, what is the plan going forward?

The fact we don't have faces in the administration giving a press conference right now is mind blowing to me. a simple press release spinning the crap out of this will not satisfy fans of the program

What plan????????????
Of course the players know about it...see the tweets in disappointments.
Our staff is gone. We had some great people on it.
Communications by the U...what's that?

yeah, players are already tweeting about it. Who knows if the U is smart enough to get ahead of a story, OH WAIT, we do know...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Oh great. A "search".

Better start looking under rocks.

Oh great. A "search".

Better start looking under rocks.

They may make a hire sometime in late August. What a great idea. What a moron we have leading the Athletic Department. He hasn't made one good choice through this whole debacle. I'm done.

I have to agree with a text being very bush-league....isn't the typical protocol for situations like this to gather all the players and inform them in person?

Whoever leaked the story to Rosen undermined Coyle's ability to get ahead of story. Look for press conference tonight.

But everyone will run with "Coyle is a ******bag" instead... so that's cool.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How much more detached, insensitive, vague, chicken **** and cold could the message be to the players. Gutless! Meeting ALL Football Players at 3:00 today Beirman room 101 Be there! Pass the word! ... that would be a leader.
And for those not on campus... here is the google hangout link, here is the gotowebinar link, here is the skype link etc etc

Whoever leaked the story to Rosen undermined Coyle's ability to get ahead of story. Look for press conference tonight.

Because the actual message was D-Bag material dummy.

There was no story to leak until the decision was made. Should have told Claeys and then met with team or offered opportunity for Claeys to meet with them.

Actually, it was leaked to Max. Rosen got it from him.

If he actually doesn't have someone inked I, I don't even know what to say. MC is a complete moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys shouldn't have told Mike Maxx as he was walking out of the complex?

It's 2017...you wouldn't want to be ahead of any possible leaks with some planning!!! It only has taken you four plus months since the incident to fire the guy.
Weeks after the boycott. Week after the bowl game. Indefensible!!!

If he actually doesn't have someone inked I, I don't even know what to say. MC is a complete moron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You knew he had no clue. He just told the players he'd get back to them about a national search. MC is a complete moron confirmed so many ways and times!!!

Typical protocol is also to not publicly undermine you're bosses by questioning the results of a sexual assault investigation.

So did he text Claeys that he was fired, or did Rosen text Tracy? Face to face is not his cup of tea.

Real classy Mark Coyle sending out a text message. He couldn't even look the players in the eye, and tell them of his decision. He had to send them a text message. I trust his ability to hire a football coach, to be highly reflective in how he handled the suspensions and now this termination of the head football coach and staff. AD Coyle may have made the decision but you can bet the preservationist Eric Kaler had a lot to do with it. He said he was a supporter of athletics and he may turn out to be the worst President in the history of the University of Minnesota. Right now Kaler's tenure is looking a lot like Ken Keller's except he manages to stay in power. How about a national search for a University President, one that can restore this University's standing, and ability to attract donors again? Can the board of Regents terminate Eric Kalers contract also, and conduct a national search?

So did he text Claeys that he was fired, or did Rosen text Tracy? Face to face is not his cup of tea.

Mark Coyle is a shy person. Please accord him the privacy he needs to avoid doing his job.

Real classy Mark Coyle sending out a text message. He couldn't even look the players in the eye, and tell them of his decision. He had to send them a text message. I trust his ability to hire a football coach, to be highly reflective in how he handled the suspensions and now this termination of the head football coach and staff. AD Coyle may have made the decision but you can bet the preservationist Eric Kaler had a lot to do with it. He said he was a supporter of athletics and he may turn out to be the worst President in the history of the University of Minnesota. Right now Kaler's tenure is looking a lot like Ken Keller's except he manages to stay in power. How about a national search for a University President, one that can restore this University's standing, and ability to attract donors again? Can the board of Regents terminate Eric Kalers contract also, and conduct a national search?

Should he have waited to tell him until winter break is over and they're back in town?

Top Bottom