Promote Sawvel?...

Lordshawesome

Reaction score
He's a great defensive mind. It helps continuity & retention of recruits. No buyouts (besides Clayes). It seems like it might be the safe, smart play. Discuss...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Oh for christ's sakes there is no way he wants to coach here

No way, Sawvel is not even close to being ready. Maybe in a few years but not now. Plus, he was in support of the players too, like they'd fire Claeys and hire Sawvel.

Ya, what makes sense & what the U administration actually does, seem to seldomly be the same thing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sawvel was even more vocal in his support of the players. Just didn't do it on twitter as was not as widely quoted as an assistant. That would be so hypocritical that it almost seems possible they'd offer it. Would you respect him if he accepted? Seems a very unlikely circumstance it is offered but logic as mentioned doesn't seem a strength of our decision makers.

Swavel is a first class tool in my dealings with him.

Would rather have TC than him.

The only thing more absurd than suggesting Sawvel get the job is suggesting that he would turn it down.

His defensive players put Claeys in this spot

To be fair, he did a hell of a job making it harder to fire him.
If the gophers lose the bowl game by 10+ Claeys is gone a week earlier

Swavel is a first class tool in my dealings with him.

Would rather have TC than him.

Ooooh- your dealings with him. The mighty Some Guy "dealt" with Coach Sawvel. Just as likely I had dealings with Obama and Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh- your dealings with him. The mighty Some Guy "dealt" with Coach Sawvel. Just as likely I had dealings with Obama and Trump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which one had the firmer handshake?

Top Bottom