BREAKING NEWS: TRACY CLAEYS HAS BEEN FIRED

I would agree that if Coyle doesn't already have his guy lined up to hire this whole thing looks worse.

I would agree that if Coyle doesn't already have his guy lined up to hire this whole thing looks worse.

I don't see how Fleck takes this job. I kind of think it will be Sawvel or Caruso.

I agree, Sawvel doesn't make sense (DB coach, etc.), but these loons don't follow it enough to realize that.

Our Athletic Department is a train wreck. We waited 2 weeks to do this?

We better have a new coach like tomorrow and he better be a great hire.

Unreal.

Today's decision just set Gopher football back 5 to 7 years. I guess I won't be looking at my 4 tickets. Who in their right mind would come to this University and coach football? I feel really bad for the assistant coaches who lost their jobs to the PC culture. Particularly the LB coach - I hope his wife has health insurance. No word on the status of the President or AD. Also I wonder how many present players like -Carter C or Cashman or any of the running backs - will they transfer? Now that the PC culture won out, any chance that some of those players will be reinstated? I would imagine any search committee would have to include 1 or more members of the EOAA. Sad

A good man and good human being was let go today. Not happy that Coach Claeys was railroaded and made the scapegoat.
This is such a joke, I feel so bad for the Coach Claeys and the coaching staff.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I notice that a lot of posters are critical of forming a search committee for hiring. Like at a lot of other universities, it might be mandated by university policy to form a search committee when hiring for any administrative position, even coaching positions. Maybe UMN doesn't operate that way, but in my experience that is how it works elsewhere.

Our Athletic Department is a train wreck. We waited 2 weeks to do this?

We better have a new coach like tomorrow and he better be a great hire.

Unreal.

The buyout numbers for all coaches went down by $500,000. on Jan. 1. That's why they waited.

Watch Tracy become the new D coordinator where ever Jerry kill is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The U heads once again fail at making a good decision. I hate Kaler.

Only way this makes sense is if they got someone primed and ready to go as a replacement and that person is a good candidate.

This - but do you really believe that our administration has done this?

Really bad decision. I have had season tickets since 1971. I will probably renew again next year, but I will be selling my Wisconsin and Nebraska tickets. I have four. Right now I am done with the program.

I don't see how Fleck takes this job. I kind of think it will be Sawvel or Caruso.

I agree, Sawvel doesn't make sense (DB coach, etc.), but these loons don't follow it enough to realize that.

I don't think it's Fleck either. I would say the favorite is Bryan Harsin.

Wow, this is just plain stupid. Just about done supporting this idiotic school.

Drain the swamp!!!!! Dave Mona should not be involved!!!! As a former MN high school coach this is rediulous.

He's from Boise originally. Played at BSU. Why on earth would he leave there to take on this mess?

Yeah, I don't think it's Harsin.

Maybe Bohl because he's getting older. There were a few sexual assault cases at NDSU while he was there though.

This is such a joke. Beyond the money, what coach in his right mind would want to coach Minnesota. This is the coaching graveyard of all head coaches, just about everyone that comes here get's fired or tarred and feathered on their way out. I feel just as bad for the staff, supports staff and all of the players as the head coach with the exception of a few selfish individuals.

A lot of tremendously talented and dedicated people were just tossed out the door by the U administration and specifically President Eric Kaler. If I were Kahler I would make less appearances at the games now, a lot of people want his self serving, and self righteous butt gone too. Kaler is a gutless twit, and he isn't getting any money from me. You can bet your butt I'm cancelling my pledge to the University of Minnesota Foundation and my Alumni association subscription is done. President Kaler caved to save his own butt, he is as weak a leader as they come.

This is uneffing believable. Just caved into causal groups and the people who screamed the loudest. Way to take care of your coaches and athletes Mark Coyle.

He's the real loser here. A number of players will leave and Coyle comes off looking like a jokester who has no control over the athletic department. I suppose Kaylor said yes, and MC nodded like a good dog.

He's the real loser here. A number of players will leave and Coyle comes off looking like a jokester who has no control over the athletic department. I suppose Kaylor said yes, and MC nodded like a good dog.

I actually disagree here.

The one thing that is clear at this point is Coyle is running the show - Kaler went to bat for him to the BoR and Coyle now owns the outcomes.

If they have a coach lined up, I can somewhat understand the decision - don't like it or agree with it - but I can understand how bureaucrats operate.

But, if they don't have a coach lined up, and they're going to start a search in January, that confirms that Coyle is a bleeping idiot.

You know they don't have a coach lined up. That would be the smart thing to do. That would show foresight and planning. What a total joke...

And I predict a recruiting class of 5 kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scapegoated. Not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually disagree here.

The one thing that is clear at this point is Coyle is running the show - Kaler went to bat for him to the BoR and Coyle now owns the outcomes.

Coyle owns the outcome, that I agree. My point is that it was MC's job to lead the athletic department. I don't see that happening. I see him doing what he's told. There have been more than one AD that's told the school president to shove it and won. MC didn't stand up to anyone from what I can tell.

This just in...

Kaler: after consulting with BOR, they decided to fire Claeys.

BOR: WHAT THE FLYING F?

Guessing the BoR said,"There's the limb, climb out there if you want..."

That is if he actually "consulted" with them...

Top Bottom