BREAKING NEWS: TRACY CLAEYS HAS BEEN FIRED

He is a very decent man and a damn good football coach - his only crime is caring for his players

Players that demanded the 10 players be reinstated or they were going to skip the bowl game.

Wow.

We have the word 'Leadership' emblazoned across our Hall of Fame. What sort of Leaders are the University of Minnesota advocating?

When the players started their boycott Coach Claeys acted like a leader should - by posting that tweet he deflected the media attention from the kids to himself even though he knew it would put him in the firing line - that is what real leaders with deep integrity do. He is not a supporter of sexual harassment, he is not a loose cannon and he is certainly not someone who is governed by ego or self-preservation. He is a very decent man and a damn good football coach - his only crime is caring for his players

If the regents, Kaler, Coyle had just one ounce of that type of integrity that Coach Claeys showed they would recognise the forces at play.

I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of what they have done.

This is one of the most well versed post's I have read. AD Coyle and President Kaler have no shame, they used Claeys only for the monetary payouts of the bowl game and conference shares, and the free vacation they got out of it. I would accuse both of a lack of Integrity, but I don't believe they had any to begin with. One is a puppet the other an all out blame deflecting preservationist of he himself and I.

For me, I feel bad for Claeys and his coaching staff who is probably only a decent QB away from winning the West, but I feel worse about the future of Sports here because this really makes Kaler and Coyle look like rats in my eyes. Not only did they F up the whole issue, they are making Claeys and his crew6 the scapegoats. If I was a coach, I'd really be scared of working for these two. Hell, 9 wins isn't even enough to keep your job. That's sad.

Right you are - and remember that Nebraska fired Solich after a 9-win season and they have never recovered. Now on their third coach after him.

Even if Fleck came here (which I doubt) he'd be gone in a few years. Claeys would have been here indefinitely and he had a good program going: nine wins in first season and played competitive and close in all losses both years, almost all to high-ranked teams.

Even if Fleck came here (which I doubt) he'd be gone in a few years. Claeys would have been here indefinitely and he had a good program going: nine wins in first season and played competitive and close in all losses both years, almost all to high-ranked teams.
TC was 6-8 in the big ten.
He was solid. He is gone.

Can we please just go back to talking about Barry's son's parakeet incident again?

There is a real possibility that Minnesota is so feminist and PC that football does not have a viable future here. The Fargo Dome is beginning to look good.

Wow, the world has changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GPG- there is more truth to what you say than you think. The U, surrounded by the Democratic People's Republic of the Twin Cities,
is NOT conducive to football success. I think many of us just gained a lot of free time on Saturday afternoons in the fall.

Sad day for Gopher football. A man who raised the academic bar, raised the competitive bar and supported due process has been fired.
I will wait to see what replacement is found, but I doubt we see another man of such integrity at the U of MN in a long time.

Reed College of the midwest.

That's an insult to Reed College- and I can't stand the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Players that demanded the 10 players be reinstated or they were going to skip the bowl game.

Your parents likely had an easy time spoon feeding you as a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom