Is the EOAA targeting the Football program?

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
I am undecided about this, mainly because I don't really what the EOAA did about the Basketball team's Three Point Offense on Twitter nor the Wrestling team's entreprenuerial adventure.

What does GH think, is the EOAA targeting the Football program?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

If we get B1G refs involved, we can get the EOAA ejected for the first half of next season.

My response would be no because they did not initiate the incident on 09/02/16, nor facilitate it. Those that would be responsible for what happened on 09/02/16, in reality brought these investigations by the U on themselves. Whether or not the investigation process by the EoAA was above board or conducted fairly, that part I don't think we will ever get much of an answer to.

I think it's more of a matter of them being on a certain side of a culture war. It's a similar process used on all of the students, I think we are just seeing it because it's the football team.

So did the EOAA get involved because of the harassment by players or because of the restraining order by the "stadium participant/victim?"

So did the EOAA get involved because of the harassment by players or because of the restraining order by the "stadium participant/victim?"

It sounds like she (alleged victim) went to the office.

I am undecided about this, mainly because I don't really what the EOAA did about the Basketball team's Three Point Offense on Twitter nor the Wrestling team's entreprenuerial adventure.

What does GH think, is the EOAA targeting the Football program?

Nope. Just in the spotlight now because it's the football team.

My understanding is the alleged victim reported it to the EoAA. Someone can correct me if they know or believe otherwise.

Nope. Vast, vast majority of investigations are not athletics related, but this case certainly put EOAA uncomfortably in the spotlight. Go to the FIRE website to get a true picture of how these offices operate.

The letter from last year seems to indicate that it was.

Ask Jerry Kill. He has an opinion on that question and would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say yes because because Kimberly Hewitt it's head was on record last year as complaining about the need to change the culture in the football program when Beth Goetz was still the interim AD.

The football team has a bulls eye on them since they have so many football players. There may be factions in the U who hear the football teams' reputation and are on a crusade to change things. I don't know. The accused are all black. It makes one wonder about the racial justice that the Fire Claeys people are talking about. Their attorney Lee Hutton can probably argue that the deck appears stacked against the football players:

"If the players lose the SSMS appeal they can ask for appellate officer review. The appellate officer is Provost Karen Hanson. Ms. Hanson spearheaded the effort to bring the affirmative consent rule to the U last year.

In short, the appeal is a stacked deck, and the appellate officer defines silence during sex as rape.

If Hutton can pull this off he's a miracle worker.

From a Strib article on the U adopting affirmative consent:
"But Karen Hanson, the U’s provost, said she thinks the fears are overblown.

“We’ve still got tons of due process about these issues,” she said, including the right to appeal. “I actually don’t think there’s any shifting of the burden of proof.”

Hanson, who serves on the presidential policy committee that endorsed the new approach, said she sees it mainly as a teaching tool. “We’re in the education business,” she said. “What this is trying to get students to understand is that silence doesn’t equal consent.”

A teaching tool? Ruining a kids life appearing before a stacked committee? What kind of lesson in life they are going to learn if a student athlete gets caught in a gray area of silent consent?

There are some bad apples. Don't get me wrong. What happened with the group sex with the recruit involved is real repulsive and abhorrent. I get it. At what what point did the mescalito become rape when it appears that consent was given earlier? They need to protect women from date rape which is common even in earlier decades. Expulsion of even the non athlete students is a harsh punishment if it does not fit the crime. Silent consent can be a gray area. They have such a high standard that do not require an arrest or charges.

There is the other side of the coin where women were raped or taken advantage of when they were inebriated. What about their rights? A good case in point is that Stanford swimmer who sexually assaulted a female student who was passed out. Luckily two male student saw what was going on and put a stop to it. But, this silent consent may end up as one of the cases going to the Supreme Court one day.

Lawsuits are inevitable. The four or five players whose mugshots were plastered all over the news - some of them weren't in the same apartment or room. There must be something they did that got the attention of the EOAA. Too late for any real due process. The other five who figured prominently in the gang bang escapade should have never be reinstated until the process is complete.

The circumstance are such that the county attorney twice failed to bring up any charges. However, I understand there is a student code of conduct that should apply to all students.

The wrestling team is a different matter involving drugs. How come their sentence is lighter? What about the Reggie Lynch case?

This is such a big mess that will haunt the U for a long time.

Top Bottom