Sounds like Regents voted 10-2 to keep Claeys

Serious question: Do other universities' BORs, presidents, etc meddle this much in sports?

(This isn't about a potential decision on Claeys. I'm ok with him staying)

I'm fairly certain quite a few BOR like groups approve coach's contracts at a number of schools even if just because of the $ amount. But they typically do it after the AD and folks come to the BOR and say "here's the deal we like".

In fact I belive the BOR at the university was talking about doing that after Pitino got his contract for ... sucking (granted, he's doing much much better now).

If it's true that, the Board of Regents voted 10-2 to retain Claeys, I would view it as as a not so subtle warning to Kaler. The BOR may not be directly involved with the Athletics Department, but it does have direct control over Kaler, he would be wise to pay attention.

If it's true that, the Board of Regents voted 10-2 to retain Claeys, I would view it as as a not so subtle warning to Kaler. The BOR may not be directly involved with the Athletics Department, but it does have direct control over Kaler, he would be wise to pay attention.

Could also give Coyle and Kailer cover too.... if they chose to, I duno.... do a thing and such. Like something...

Telephone, email, fax, telefax, telegram, video conference, skype, twitter, snapchat, facebook.

And to think we once lost John Wooden because the phones were down. But who are we kidding, even with all of the above, the U would have found a way to muck it up.

There was/is a woman who was on the Board of Regents at the U (I can't remember her name or anything), but she had dirty photos leaked.

It obviously got kind of nasty. If memory serves me correct, she was a pretty conservative representative and these photos were leaked in some way to discredit her. I don't know. But photos were leaked and it was pretty widely reported. I am sure a google search would show them to you, I have too many people coming in and out of my office today, I'm not going to search for the article :).

+1. Maybe it's still Kaler/Coyle's call but they're not going against that.

There was/is a woman who was on the Board of Regents at the U (I can't remember her name or anything), but she had dirty photos leaked.

It obviously got kind of nasty. If memory serves me correct, she was a pretty conservative representative and these photos were leaked in some way to discredit her. I don't know. But photos were leaked and it was pretty widely reported. I am sure a google search would show them to you, I have too many people coming in and out of my office today, I'm not going to search for the article :).

That's not a nice thing to do. I'm sure she didn't like it but consenting adults and photos, not a big deal.

That's not a nice thing to do. I'm sure she didn't like it but consenting adults and photos, not a big deal.

Oh yeah. No one would argue she didn't have the right to take the pictures or that she should be dismissed for the pictures.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Who ya gonna believe. Doogie or El Amin Fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Well it would be uncharacteristic for anyone at the U to make a decision already.... how did they even decide when to meet?

I still don't think the vote is real. But i'll agree El Amin is more trustworthy than the doogie man.

Maybe they took an informal vote to signal to Kaler and Coyle how they view things while not stepping in to make the decision that the AD should make?

I believe that Doogie could be right on the formal vote part, the BOR would have had to of opened a formal meeting, that doesn't meaning that they didn't take an informal vote. I suspect that one was taken and the results passed on to Kaler. The handful of support, as Doogie calls it, could have been some misinformation to down play how much support Claeys has.

I was told all of the board members had a heads-down vote. Trouble was that no one had their head up to count the votes.

Rivals is reporting that the Regents voted to keep Claeys. I have no idea if this is a binding vote and if they have the only say. Is Coyle honestly not calling the shots? What's the point of an AD?

If Claeys is staying, get the man a real contract and let's go.

This was NOT reported by Rivals. A poster on their board shared info he had read from another media source.

maybe mods should just delete this thread or UPDATE the title saying the mis-info

Unless I'm wrong, gopherkinta is implying that this info was in fact reported by a media source, but that the OP had the media source wrong.

Go Gophers!!

Unless I'm wrong, gopherkinta is implying that this info was in fact reported by a media source, but that the OP had the media source wrong.

Go Gophers!!

I was just thinking to avoid confusion. Just a suggestion.

When I read that headline I thought Claeys was staying and was expecting a link.

Go Gophers!!

Gopherkinta was saying that another poster on GH was quoting a different poster on a different message board who was quoting some unnamed media source as saying this. Clear as mud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom