Sounds like Regents voted 10-2 to keep Claeys

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Rivals is reporting that the Regents voted to keep Claeys. I have no idea if this is a binding vote and if they have the only say. Is Coyle honestly not calling the shots? What's the point of an AD?

If Claeys is staying, get the man a real contract and let's go.

I hope you are correct sir, & yes, let's move on a contract.

Hope so. Let's get on with the off-season.

Rivals is reporting that the Regents voted to keep Claeys. I have no idea if this is a binding vote and if they have the only say. Is Coyle honestly not calling the shots? What's the point of an AD?

Do you have link we can use?

Is this yet another recommendation (e.g. EOAA report)?

Agree, if this is binding, the AD role at UofM is a pretty expensive puppet.

Hopefully with the added message of ... ****ing do something Coyle...

Well if so it's like set in stone or something...

What a joke...did they really take a vote and then leak it? Can't wait the for the press release.

How can that be when not all regents present?

Honestly feel bad for Coyle if this is the case... Dude can't make his own decision even if he wanted too.

Serious question: Do other universities' BORs, presidents, etc meddle this much in sports?

(This isn't about a potential decision on Claeys. I'm ok with him staying)

How can that be when not all regents present?

A couple of regents are meeting today with Kaler and Coyle. The regents, if this rumor is correct, could have taken this vote before today.

There's a lot of moving parts to this decision, not least of which is all of the threatened litigation and interplay of the parties with the EOAA investigation. This decision absolutely merits board input.

Let's get a fair contract extension to maybe 2020 ASAP. The recruits that are on the fence are eaiting to see the ink dried..

Serious question: Do other universities' BORs, presidents, etc meddle this much in sports?

(This isn't about a potential decision on Claeys. I'm ok with him staying)

Anyone wondering if the players boycott had the intended effect...which is to bring this into the open and make sure everyone gets a fair shake...the first brick has fallen and it is for Claeys to keep his job.

Well done young men...and no, I don't support rape, they don't support rape and Claeys doesn't support rape.

So if Claeys sucks next year or some other scandal emerges it will be on the BOR? What a joke

Kaler's next move is to request the Governor to call for a special prosecutor in this case to take back control from the Regents.

Is the woman who had her dirty photos leaked still a member of the Board of Regents?

Top Bottom