I'd like to see change but punting is the worst option

Some guy

Reaction score
If they bring back TC it has to be with a real contract that will end any speculation about change next year.

If you extend him in the way Chip suggested or don't extend him the entirety of next season will be spent talking about whether or not he is going to get fired.

If we keep him, give him a chance to be successful. If you aren't comfortable giving him that contract, better to make a change now.

Yeah if we're going with Claeys, support the guy, and his coaches.

My concern is Coyle gets all finger wavy like his statement seemed to be, he gives Tracy peanuts / doesn't make him feel like he has support .... and effectively poisons the well ahead of any real decision on Tracy's future with the program and leaves everything in limbo. Meanwhile if I'm Tracy I get my agent ready to shop around. It's not like Tracy and some of the other coaches couldn't get a job elsewhere if they wanted.

Do it right and support the staff or not at all.

If they do it half way they could dork it all up no matter what the outcome...

Stop punting...Claeys for 5-7 years or Fleck for 6-8. Get it done and move forward.

Agree. There has to be an environment created where everyone is pulling the wagon in the same direction and all sides--including the administration--are going to have to give a little to get that done.

I agree. I'm on the other side of the debate. I would rather keep him. However, punting is the absolute worst scenario. That's why I'd be shocked if we didn't go that route.

Ryan Burns brought up an interesting point in his latest podcast. Coyle already set a precedent with the basketball team by giving Pitino a chance after the sex video and Reggie Lynch allegations, and that was after a historically bad season record. Claeys ends the season with most wins since 2003 and a single incident... So why does he have to be burned at the stake?

The podcast also noted that the seniors have won 31 games. The last class to win that many was 2005 when they won 32. To find another class with 30+ wins, you have to go back to 1905.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Ryan Burns brought up an interesting point in his latest podcast. Coyle already set a precedent with the basketball team by giving Pitino a chance after the sex video and Reggie Lynch allegations, and that was after a historically bad season record. Claeys ends the season with most wins since 2003 and a single incident... So why does he have to be burned at the stake?

The podcast also noted that the seniors have won 31 games. The last class to win that many was 2005 when they won 32. To find another class with 30+ wins, you have to go back to 1905.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Not just wins, but GPA up, graduating folks....

I started to think he would be fired because of this. No way you can give a real extension to an insubordinate coach who has proven to be solid but has not proven to be great.

Better to get rid of him than punt.

Top Bottom