There is a "Stand With Survivors: Fire Claeys" rally this Wednesday

An ill-advised, ambiguous tweet does not mean Claeys condones rape/sexual assault. The people that are linking these two things together should be ashamed of themselves.

Coach Claeys, if nothing else, strikes me as a very decent man - he does not deserve this.

Agreed

Please don't be offended if this is a stupid and/or naive thing to ask - I'm English and know very little about politics in the US.

Is this rally connected to a back-lash against the election of Donald Trump?

I can understand that victims of sexual assault might feel strongly about the whole 'locker-room banter' comments and are looking for a way to express their anger?

I'm just trying to understand the reasons why Coach Claeys is being treated this way because surely it can't just be because of his tweet?

Please don't be offended if this is a stupid and/or naive thing to ask - I'm English and know very little about politics in the US.

Is this rally connected to a back-lash against the election of Donald Trump?

I can understand that victims of sexual assault might feel strongly about the whole 'locker-room banter' comments and are looking for a way to express their anger?

I'm just trying to understand the reasons why Coach Claeys is being treated this way because surely it can't just be because of his tweet?
No question the current political climate plays into everything becoming more dramatic on both sides. Both sides filled with morons and all the regular people get talked over.

No question the current political climate plays into everything becoming more dramatic on both sides. Both sides filled with morons and all the regular people get talked over.

Yeah. It all kind of plays in. I actually think this is also part of the reason why Trump was elected. The far left progressive movement has started to eat away at classical liberalism (in some people's opinion). This is an example of that sort of thing (for some people).

An ill-advised, ambiguous tweet does not mean Claeys condones rape/sexual assault. The people that are linking these two things together should be ashamed of themselves.

Coach Claeys, if nothing else, strikes me as a very decent man - he does not deserve this.
I agree but don't underestimate the power that political correctness has on college campuses. It won't surprise me if they let Claeys go because of this whole mess.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

I agree but don't underestimate the power that political correctness has on college campuses. It won't surprise me if they let Claeys go because of this whole mess.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

The crazy thing about Claeys tweet is that it wasn't even politically incorrect.

Totally impressive stunt.

They're being dicks, but still in an impressive way.

And bitching about standing at a football game is weird. The situation sure, but oh my the standing.....
It's weird for people to be upset about being forcibly removed from the seats for which they paid, to then be forced to view the game from some crouched standing position near a concession stand - all because some bored, attention-starved hippie decides to protest something that's already been halted? That's weird?

You must be a millennial.

I stand with survivors and I stand with Claeys. It is absurd these people who took his tweet or the player boycott to be a stand for rape...****ing idiotic.

FYI - Here is the full text of the Fire Claeys group:

Terminate U of M Football Coach Tracy Claeys
Petition by Nancy J Bitenc

To be delivered to President Eric W. Kaler, University of Minnesota President

We, the undersigned citizens of Minnesota and other concerned citizens, urge President Eric W. Kaler and the University of Minnesota Athletics Department to immediately terminate University of Minnesota Head Football Coach Tracy Claeys for failure of leadership and lack of sound judgment.

There are currently 3,423 signatures. NEW goal - We need 4,000 signatures!

PETITION BACKGROUND We, the undersigned citizens of Minnesota and other concerned citizens, urge the immediate termination of University of Minnesota Head Football Coach Tracy Claeys.

As strong believers in the importance of leadership, justice, opportunity and respect, we urge the President of the University of Minnesota, Eric W. Kaler, and the University of Minnesota Athletics Department to terminate its head football coach, Tracy Claeys.

In response to the Sept. 2 allegations against U of M football players and a players’ boycott of practice and participation in the Holiday Bowl, Claeys tweeted on December 15: “Have never been more proud of our kids. I respect their rights & support their effort to make a better world!”

Claeys’ tweet expressing his pride in the team failed to mention or acknowledge the importance of respecting women. Further, it did not condemn violence, sexual assault or disrespect of women. We feel this is not at all acceptable.

In judging Claeys' action in this context, we propose that two significant historical problems must be acknowledged:

- Sexism, disrespect of and violence against women, and
- Racism, and the lack of due process for many people of color in the American justice system

Tracy Claeys’ tweet fails to acknowledge the tragic, historic mistreatment of women, demonstrating that he is not an appropriate or effective leader for young people. We believe he put the welfare of his football program above the welfare of a female student, despite that his own football players admitted to disrespecting and mistreating her. We believe his priorities are misplaced, and that he lacks sound moral judgment and leadership skills. We believe he is not an appropriate representative of the University of Minnesota, or the people of Minnesota.

We urge President Eric Kaler and the Athletics Department to fire him, effective immediately.

Signed,

Heather Babula Hopkins, MN
Maggie Berry Oakdale, MN
Nancy Jane Bitenc Saint Paul, MN
Judy Brown Saint Paul, MN
Padmaja Challakere Saint Paul, MN
Faith Dietz Saint Paul, MN
Chantel Johnson Fragassi Saint Paul, MN
Elizabeth Glidden Minneapolis, MN
Betty Folliard Minneapolis, MN
Monica Dols Haas Saint Paul, MN
Tasha-Rose Hodges Saint Paul, MN
Travis Apollo Haage Saint Paul, MN
Rachel Kowaorski Santa Fe, New Mexico
Lisa Johnson Roseville, MN
Jean Jones Saint Paul, MN
David Nathan Saint Paul, MN
Laura Nathan Saint Paul, MN
JoAnn Nathan Saint Paul, MN
Joe Nathan Saint Paul, MN
Karen Nelson Olson Saint Paul, MN
Marty Owings Saint Paul, MN
Lonni Simpson Skrentner Edina, MN
Mary Wiley Edina, MN

They have secured 3423 signatures.

The Keep Claeys petition:

Keep Tracy Claeys as the Head Coach of the Minnesota Gophers Football Team
Petition by John Stockton

To be delivered to All the people + those other guys, The Minnesota State House, The Minnesota State Senate, Governor Mark Dayton, The United States House of Representatives and 2 other targets (click here to see more)

Tracy Claeys is an upstanding man with the determination and moxie to lead the Gophers to ANOTHER National Championship. His undeniable energy and ethical integrity regarding his players' unfair treatment throughout the bungled EOAA suspension process is a testament to his character.
There are currently 2,228 signatures. NEW goal - We need 3,000 signatures!

PETITION BACKGROUND A reasonable stance taken by Coach Claeys in a no-win situation is not a reason for dismissal. Please share the link to the petition. It's important to get the word out that Coach Claeys has supporters.

I have said it before, and I'm saying it again. The "Fire Claeys" crowd has not had a face-to-face with the coach.

This thing could have been hashed out before any petitions if there was dialogue between the two sides. Now they are so firmly entrenched that it can't end well.

I think Kaler is mortified that by extending Claeys these people will be protesting outside home games next year. These 3000 people, a majority of whom likely had never heard of Tracy Claeys prior to three weeks ago. PC is the number 1 priority on campus. We can't even describe criminal's appearance anymore for cripes sake.

I think Kaler is mortified that by extending Claeys these people will be protesting outside home games next year. These 3000 people, a majority of whom likely had never heard of Tracy Claeys prior to three weeks ago. PC is the number 1 priority on campus. We can't even describe criminal's appearance anymore for cripes sake.

You're 100% right. It is their mantra. Even if Kaler had shown the slightest ability to handle this situation, it would be a really difficult ordeal. I hope the U is strong enough not to cave to these lunatics, but I don't think we are the University that will do the right thing.

We have quite a few orthopedic surgeons at the U that could fix spinal problems.

FYI - Here is the full text of the Fire Claeys group:

Terminate U of M Football Coach Tracy Claeys
Petition by Nancy J Bitenc

To be delivered to President Eric W. Kaler, University of Minnesota President

We, the undersigned citizens of Minnesota and other concerned citizens, urge President Eric W. Kaler and the University of Minnesota Athletics Department to immediately terminate University of Minnesota Head Football Coach Tracy Claeys for failure of leadership and lack of sound judgment.

There are currently 3,423 signatures. NEW goal - We need 4,000 signatures!

PETITION BACKGROUND We, the undersigned citizens of Minnesota and other concerned citizens, urge the immediate termination of University of Minnesota Head Football Coach Tracy Claeys.

As strong believers in the importance of leadership, justice, opportunity and respect, we urge the President of the University of Minnesota, Eric W. Kaler, and the University of Minnesota Athletics Department to terminate its head football coach, Tracy Claeys.

In response to the Sept. 2 allegations against U of M football players and a players’ boycott of practice and participation in the Holiday Bowl, Claeys tweeted on December 15: “Have never been more proud of our kids. I respect their rights & support their effort to make a better world!”

Claeys’ tweet expressing his pride in the team failed to mention or acknowledge the importance of respecting women. Further, it did not condemn violence, sexual assault or disrespect of women. We feel this is not at all acceptable.

In judging Claeys' action in this context, we propose that two significant historical problems must be acknowledged:

- Sexism, disrespect of and violence against women, and
- Racism, and the lack of due process for many people of color in the American justice system

Tracy Claeys’ tweet fails to acknowledge the tragic, historic mistreatment of women, demonstrating that he is not an appropriate or effective leader for young people. We believe he put the welfare of his football program above the welfare of a female student, despite that his own football players admitted to disrespecting and mistreating her. We believe his priorities are misplaced, and that he lacks sound moral judgment and leadership skills. We believe he is not an appropriate representative of the University of Minnesota, or the people of Minnesota.

We urge President Eric Kaler and the Athletics Department to fire him, effective immediately.

Signed,

Heather Babula Hopkins, MN
Maggie Berry Oakdale, MN
Nancy Jane Bitenc Saint Paul, MN
Judy Brown Saint Paul, MN
Padmaja Challakere Saint Paul, MN
Faith Dietz Saint Paul, MN
Chantel Johnson Fragassi Saint Paul, MN
Elizabeth Glidden Minneapolis, MN
Betty Folliard Minneapolis, MN
Monica Dols Haas Saint Paul, MN
Tasha-Rose Hodges Saint Paul, MN
Travis Apollo Haage Saint Paul, MN
Rachel Kowaorski Santa Fe, New Mexico
Lisa Johnson Roseville, MN
Jean Jones Saint Paul, MN
David Nathan Saint Paul, MN
Laura Nathan Saint Paul, MN
JoAnn Nathan Saint Paul, MN
Joe Nathan Saint Paul, MN
Karen Nelson Olson Saint Paul, MN
Marty Owings Saint Paul, MN
Lonni Simpson Skrentner Edina, MN
Mary Wiley Edina, MN

They have secured 3423 signatures.

The Keep Claeys petition:

Keep Tracy Claeys as the Head Coach of the Minnesota Gophers Football Team
Petition by John Stockton

To be delivered to All the people + those other guys, The Minnesota State House, The Minnesota State Senate, Governor Mark Dayton, The United States House of Representatives and 2 other targets (click here to see more)

Tracy Claeys is an upstanding man with the determination and moxie to lead the Gophers to ANOTHER National Championship. His undeniable energy and ethical integrity regarding his players' unfair treatment throughout the bungled EOAA suspension process is a testament to his character.
There are currently 2,228 signatures. NEW goal - We need 3,000 signatures!

PETITION BACKGROUND A reasonable stance taken by Coach Claeys in a no-win situation is not a reason for dismissal. Please share the link to the petition. It's important to get the word out that Coach Claeys has supporters.
[/QUOTE
"Racism, and the lack of due process for many people of color in the American justice system"

I thought that the bold type is what coach Claeys was proud of. Unfortunately he's being Jimmy the Greek'ed.

These Fu*#s will now feel like they have done something in their miserable lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey ISIS, check out the airtight security for next years Super Bowl!

Top Bottom