The silence is deafening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
Nice win by the team last night, but no word on Claeys and an extension.

Are they waiting on Western Michigan to finish their game so they can abruptly remove and replace the coach within 24 hours?

Firing a first year a 9 win MN coach seems like one of those fateful moves that nobody ever forgets....

If we follow the PJ theory here, PJ might be a motivator but he'd have his work cut out for him coming in after they pull a loved and successful coach after his first year. That's like a setup for disaster for everyone.

The real issue is... Coyle is apparently in silent running mode or something and nobody knows. For a while that seems wise and after a bit longer lazy, dumb.... mind boggling. He might not like the recent PR issues but he's still AD, that's one of his teams... do something man.

More worrisome is if he is keeping Claeys in the dark too.

Someone I trust in these matters says that the buyouts for TC and the assistants are cut in half on Jan. 1. Do with that what you like.

I figured if it was coming it would be by this afternoon. There is still time I guess but I really hope the radio silence means Claeys keeps his job!

Why would they need to act so fast even if it was a totally noncontroversial situation? Claeys isn't going anywhere. They have all the time they want.

Are they waiting on Western Michigan to finish their game so they can abruptly remove and replace the coach within 24 hours?

People need to realize the chances of PJ Fleck coming to MN are very, very, very low. Let it go.

If you don't know what to say the correct move is to say nothing.

Why would they need to act so fast even if it was a totally noncontroversial situation? Claeys isn't going anywhere. They have all the time they want.

Correct. TC is not going anywhere.

Face the Facts? You're back and starting with a troll post too! You gotta mix in some non-dickish posts too. It would give you some credibility. Credibility, in a sentence relating to you. Yeah, I get the irony. :D

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/member.php?6066-Face-The-Facts

What do you want Coyle to do, hold a press conference every time someone thinks Tracy's seat is warm and tell us his job is safe? Coyle told us Tracy would be the coach long-term back in November after the NW game.

The administration at the U hasn't done anything to hint that Tracy's job is in jeopardy. Speculation has been contrived by the media and social media.

What do you want Coyle to do, hold a press conference every time someone thinks Tracy's seat is warm and tell us his job is safe? Coyle told us Tracy would be the coach long-term back in November after the NW game.

The administration at the U hasn't done anything to hint that Tracy's job is in jeopardy. Speculation has been contrived by the media and social media.

You're missing the boat. A statement of congratulations and support for the coach after a big mess that was somewhat caused by him would be nice. What you implied is pretty lame.

You're missing the boat. A statement of congratulations and support for the coach after a big mess that was somewhat caused by him would be nice. What you implied is pretty lame.

The OP mentioned Claeys future and an extension, not a Congratulation tweet from Kaler.

because we have recruits that are in limbo at the movement

Those two do, however, have a history of changing the narrative.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
It appears he's working to buy time.

Either to buy time for the possible lower payout if that's true, but letting Claeys go will be a bit of a firestorm, so having a replacement ready who appeals to committed recruits is important. He'll want to act fast and to do so, he has to wait for his new coach to first become available. Thus, wait until after New Years day.

Either to buy time for the possible lower payout if that's true, but letting Claeys go will be a bit of a firestorm, so having a replacement ready who appeals to committed recruits is important. He'll want to act fast and to do so, he has to wait for his new coach to first become available. Thus, wait until after New Years day.

Let me guess, you also thought Jim Harbaugh was coming here in 2011?

The chances of attracting an attractive coach at this time or after January 1 is zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me guess, you also thought Jim Harbaugh was coming here in 2011?

FTF is a complete, but marginally competent, troll. Reason does not work when it falls on deaf ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom