STrib: Gophers' Wolitarsky to finish U career in home state this week

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Rick:

"I don't remember it being this cold and windy here," said senior wide receiver Drew Wolitarsky, who knows a little something of SoCal weather, having grown up and played his high school football in Santa Clarita, 35 miles north of Los Angeles. "It was a sigh of relief when we flew in, came out of the clouds and saw the sun."

Wolitarsky admitted that he and his teammates were happy to be practicing for a bowl game after the cloud of a player boycott hovered over the team last week and threatened to detour the Gophers' first bowl trip to California since the 1962 Rose Bowl. Wolitarsky, who was named to the all-Big Ten third team following the regular season, became a de facto face of the Gophers when he represented the players during their brief boycott, which stemmed from the suspension of 10 players.

"We are glad to be here, trust me," said Wolitarsky, who is expected to be the main target for quarterback Mitch Leidner against Washington State. "We definitely wanted to be here. We just had to find a way to stay focused, and I believe we have done that."

Wolitarsky, who has caught a pass in 25 consecutive games dating to the start of the 2015 season, said ending his collegiate career in Southern California will provide a little extra incentive.

"I have made a couple of trips back, but this is the first time being here with the team," he said. "It's been a poetic journey. To start here, then go away to school and finish up here is pretty special."

http://www.startribune.com/ufot-no-live-pics-for-story-xy/408176546/

Go Gophers!!

Don't let the door hit ya Woli, glad he's gone after leading the boycott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom