Comprehensive Alcohol, Drug, and Sexual Harassment/Assualt training for Athletes?

It's a combination of things. The type of training needs to be changed. Online courses isn't going to accomplish much. At the same time, I don't think tougher rules and punishments alone will do the trick either. I believe there are situations where the man doesn't even think he is doing anything wrong. Maybe he is drunk himself and he doesn't realize how drunk the woman is, or that it even matters that she is drunk. It probably doesn't enter his mind that this could be considered sexual assault. Just because the woman appears to be okay with what is going on or isn't resisting, doesn't mean it is okay.

Dom Jones. He said as much years later. He didn't get it. Then one day he completely changed his tune.

He then engaged in at least some teaching on the subject.

Might be someone who'd be able help.

It's a combination of things. The type of training needs to be changed. Online courses isn't going to accomplish much. At the same time, I don't think tougher rules and punishments alone will do the trick either. I believe there are situations where the man doesn't even think he is doing anything wrong. Maybe he is drunk himself and he doesn't realize how drunk the woman is, or that it even matters that she is drunk. It probably doesn't enter his mind that this could be considered sexual assault. Just because the woman appears to be okay with what is going on or isn't resisting, doesn't mean it is okay.

I suspect every person on this board has committed sexual assault and/or harrassment under the new rules being promulgated by some colleges, eg affirmative consent. Ever leaned in for a kiss or had sex without explicit permission every step of the way? You're a rapist. In fact, just about any action or speech can be considered harassment by somebody. It's nuts.

These made up definitions were conceived to enable easier EOAA findings of guilt and restrict freedom. Don't enable them.

Top Bottom