Slate: Minnesota Football Boycott Sounded Like a Social Justice Protest. It Wasn’t.

People lie, exaggerate, or mis-remember all the time. Sometimes the lies take on a life of their own. Not saying that's the situation here but it HAS to be considered as a possibility.

You are absolutely correct. That is why everyone in GopherHole needs to reserve their judgement until the hearings and appeals are completed (including any lawsuits) before giving all 10 players a complete pass on their conduct and their conspiracy of lies and obstruction that were detailed in the EOAA report. The notion that it was only the alleged victim who might have been lying is an indication of bias in favor of the players and a complete lack of understanding about human nature. All 10 players had much more to gain from lying about what happened than the alleged victim did. They get to remain on the football team, keep their scholarship, get their degree, and keep a possible pro football career on track.

You are absolutely correct. That is why everyone in GopherHole needs to reserve their judgement until the hearings and appeals are completed (including any lawsuits) before giving all 10 players a complete pass on their conduct and their conspiracy of lies and obstruction that were detailed in the EOAA report. The notion that it was only the alleged victim who might have been lying is an indication of bias and a lack of perspective. All 10 players had much more to gain from lying about what happened than the alleged victim. They get to remain on the football team, keep their scholarship, get their degree, and keep a possible pro football career on track.

Priceless.

Priceless.

You only see what you want in my posts. I have spent the last week in GopherHole arguing with dozens of posters who believe it is the alleged victim who is lying and their main evidence is 90 seconds of video (that they never saw) out of 90 minutes of sexual activity. To take the position that U is being arbitrary and treating the players unfairly with their investigation/hearing/appeal process is ignorant at best, and totally biased against the alleged victim at worst. It appears you are another poster who has pre-judged this case in favor of the players.

No, the position is that she could be. Not saying she is or isn't. You're saying she has nothing to lose. I'd say defense of reputation, anger, mental illness are always possibilities in these cases.

If the players did what she sad they ought to be in prison.

I have no issue with actual progressive politics. What is happening now is what Ayn Rand called the inversion, progressive politics becomes regressive. It has nowhere else to go.

The zealots have kidnapped the cause and they have started to eat their own.

Yep, understood. Said I was not quibbling. Just might want to use those qualifiers in the future.

But the 10 suspended players did have the report, and it looks like they let their teammates begin a foolish boycott without sharing that information with them. What kind of team solidarity is that?!

How about you read the conclusion statement on page 80...

Top Bottom