Pound the rock against Washington State, or get into a scoring fest?

I get your point and joke, but wondering do we have a fast receiver that plays?
I wouldn't mind seeing Myrick line up for a few plays on offense, but he will probably be gassed with playing defense in this game.

Woli...

I get your point and joke, but wondering do we have a fast receiver that plays?
I wouldn't mind seeing Myrick line up for a few plays on offense, but he will probably be gassed with playing defense in this game.

So to answer your question I went to our roster again and took a look at the other WR....got really depressed.....and then tried to come up with another option. Tyler Johnson would seem like the only healthy choice from the WR corp, maybe if Gentry could ever get healthy this would be a good role for him. It would require a shift in thinking but would still love to see them use Smith as a receiver when Brooks is in the backfield. This could be a definite role for a guy like Smith if they were to play him at WR some. He has looked really good catching the ball out of the backfield when he gets those rare opportunities to do it.

I have heard lots of praise about TJ6 - none of which has mentioned speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So to answer your question I went to our roster again and took a look at the other WR....got really depressed.....and then tried to come up with another option. Tyler Johnson would seem like the only healthy choice from the WR corp, maybe if Gentry could ever get healthy this would be a good role for him. It would require a shift in thinking but would still love to see them use Smith as a receiver when Brooks is in the backfield. This could be a definite role for a guy like Smith if they were to play him at WR some. He has looked really good catching the ball out of the backfield when he gets those rare opportunities to do it.

Yes, the offense has looked the most dynamic to me with Brooks and Smith in at the same time. With one faking the jet the middle is more open for the other and I don't know if they have ever handed it to Smith on the jet sweep.

Plus, Johnson played QB in HS. He has at least some experience in handling the ball, and showing talent in the open field. Granted, it's a little different running against D1 competition than against Minneota or Rushford, but the guy has got some raw athletic ability. Now, it's up to the coaches to get the most out of that ability, and put him in a position where he has the highest chance of success.

I see no reason they can't have Smith and Brooks out there at the same time. Brooks in the slot and run a jet misdirection. They have run this several times and Brooks usually gets big gains. Or, switch it around and put Smith in the slot. He's a dynamic WR threat as well. This is not the Wisconsin defense we will be facing. The problem is even Kent State can shut us down on the ground for long stretches if we cannot pass the ball.

Can we pass the ball? Utilize the talent we have? I've not seen much to get excited about from JJ and the guys this year.

The defense is almost certain to get boat raced. Sorry but we just don't have the depth to match up with this ultimate Air Raid specimen. I'm not optimistic Ayinde and Myrick have suddenly figured it all out, and the D will be gassed by the third quarter. We will need methodical drives that end in TDs and some lucky bounces and turnovers to win this game. Sure it's possible and hope springs eternal but losing so many contributors is a back breaker. Cue Debbie Downer

The nice part is we do pull off the upset it's going to be a special win. I'll be excited.

I see no reason they can't have Smith and Brooks out there at the same time. Brooks in the slot and run a jet misdirection. They have run this several times and Brooks usually gets big gains. Or, switch it around and put Smith in the slot. He's a dynamic WR threat as well. This is not the Wisconsin defense we will be facing. The problem is even Kent State can shut us down on the ground for long stretches if we cannot pass the ball.

Can we pass the ball? Utilize the talent we have? I've not seen much to get excited about from JJ and the guys this year.

The defense is almost certain to get boat raced. Sorry but we just don't have the depth to match up with this ultimate Air Raid specimen. I'm not optimistic Ayinde and Myrick have suddenly figured it all out, and the D will be gassed by the third quarter. We will need methodical drives that end in TDs and some lucky bounces and turnovers to win this game. Sure it's possible and hope springs eternal but losing so many contributors is a back breaker. Cue Debbie Downer

The nice part is we do pull off the upset it's going to be a special win. I'll be excited.

Long drives pounding the ball, Win TOP by a mile, their D will tire as well...the DLs are undersized.

Top Bottom