Sticking With The U?

Iceland12

Reaction score
My Wife just found some return address labels that don't have the University's "M" or Goldy on them. This year we're gonna use those. Just tired of answering all the questions.

Over 90% of the team was not involved in the alleged incident. It's unfortunately that less than 10% of the team has caused so many issues, but they will likely not be part of the team for much longer. I still believe the vast majority of the team is comprised of good people and I still support the 90% who were not involved in this incident. I will continue to use my "M" address labels, I am flying to California in 3 days to attend the Holiday Bowl, and I am renewing my season tickets next year. End of story.

I'm sticking with them. We do not know what happened. But even if the worst is true I still believe that there are more high character players on the team than low character. I don't believe in judging an entire group based on the actions of a few in any situation. This is not a Baylor or Penn State situation. Nothing is being covered up. I'll be in San Diego wearing maroon and gold cheering on the players that have earned the right to play.

Over 90% of the team was not involved in the alleged incident. It's unfortunately that less than 10% of the team has caused so many issues, but they will likely not be part of the team for much longer. I still believe the vast majority of the team is comprised of good people and I still support the 90% who were not involved in this incident. I will continue to use my "M" address labels, I am flying to California in 3 days to attend the Holiday Bowl, and I am renewing my season tickets next year. End of story.

The other 90% made the matter even worse with their stupid boycott. It's a program problem.

Its a message board for die hard gopher fans...there likely won't be a lot of us who are done. Some may not watch the bowl game but I suspect that the vast majority who comment on this board will be religiously watching next year.

My Wife just found some return address labels that don't have the University's "M" or Goldy on them. This year we're gonna use those. Just tired of answering all the questions.

I worked my way through the U and have an engineering degree to show for it that I am DAMN proud of. Wearing the maroon and gold is a privilege. You and I represent the U, not the damn football team. To the bitter end.

I am still in. Would be nice to see some change in leadership.

The other 90% made the matter even worse with their stupid boycott. It's a program problem.

I would argue against this. With out their boycott we may not have gotten the report released.

It does seem like a program wide problem though....

I'm still in.

I am 66 years old. The Gophers are my first and only love. Where am I gonna go? I have lived in San Diego for most of my life but these teams out here mean nothing to me. I have no regard for the idea of following a team just because it wins a lot. Wearing Gopher stuff around town every day is a happy ritual for me. I can't walk away from part of my identity. I am in this for the duration.

Stick, sticking, stuck.

This team and staff is loaded with high quality student athletes, and high quality people. Loaded. Period.

The way I'm feeling now - done

Stick, sticking, stuck.

This team and staff is loaded with high quality student athletes, and high quality people. Loaded. Period.

Die hard fan here. Long-time season tocket holder. Regular donor. My Saturdays in the fall have been given to the Gophers for more than thirty years.

Still totally disgusted about the incident (describe it however you want, it was sickening). Most disappointed that the rest of the team "locked arms" with the idiots who were involved. Not one guy showed the guts to stand up and publicly condemn the drunken g-bang, which involved a recruit. And the coach thought it was worth supporting too. Yes... big time cultural problem. I am not done with the U, but I will be taking, at a minimum, a long break from football.

People make mistakes. Life is not perfect. There is no leadership problem at the U.

Proudly mailed out my Christmas cards with the U of M return labels this morning.

At work when co workers talk to me they're referred to as "your Gophers". Makes me smile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm avoiding wearing my Gopher stuff to avoid conversations with those that take headlines as fact. People like UpNorth are bad enough on here - I don't want them in my office.

I'm avoiding wearing my Gopher stuff to avoid conversations with those that take headlines as fact. People like UpNorth are bad enough on here - I don't want them in my office.

That would be like 70% of my wardrobe. 90% if you take my hunting gear out of there... Every single cold weather hat I own is a gophers hat... and I don't have any hair so I have to wear a hat..

Kaler and Coyle are to blame for that.

Well, the players blamed Coyle specifically but a lot of folks in here don't believe those football players so......

Well, the players blamed Coyle specifically but a lot of folks in here don't believe those football players so......

True. Sadly, Coyle and Kaler made it easy to do that. Which fits their agenda. Made it easy for the sheep on this message board to follow...

That would be like 70% of my wardrobe. 90% if you take my hunting gear out of there... Every single cold weather hat I own is a gophers hat... and I don't have any hair so I have to wear a hat..

LOL. I'm on a 2 sweatshirt rotation right now. My wardrobe is also maroon & gold intensive.

I'm sick over the situation and will not watch the Holiday Bowl with my usual intensity. But I'll watch, and I hope we win.

Unfortunately, as a long-time Gopher fan I've been through many of these. We'll put this behind us eventually.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll continue to follow the program but with less hope for a recovery than I had a couple of years ago. With the big recruiting disadvantage we have, we can't have anything soil the program. I think this incident is going to hurt the program for several years, maybe many years. Meanwhile, as I wrote, I'll continue to follow them, but with less hope and lower expectations.

I'm still in! It's hard right now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leadership

Die hard fan here. Long-time season tocket holder. Regular donor. My Saturdays in the fall have been given to the Gophers for more than thirty years.

Still totally disgusted about the incident (describe it however you want, it was sickening). Most disappointed that the rest of the team "locked arms" with the idiots who were involved. Not one guy showed the guts to stand up and publicly condemn the drunken g-bang, which involved a recruit. And the coach thought it was worth supporting too. Yes... big time cultural problem. I am not done with the U, but I will be taking, at a minimum, a long break from football.

At this time players involved could be eligible but leadership suspended them after hearing one side of the story only. Their names are now broadcast all over as guilty. That has not been determined yet. They have not had hearings. If they are not guilty there would have been hardly a days news, had leadership waited. If they are guilty, the main offenders are gone from school and people get that and move on...again a much shorter quieter discussion with consequences.

By suspending them with no due process before a bowl game there is just no way that decision is going to put the University in the best light and it obviously (to me) is not how I'd handle it regarding their rights. It's wrong. And there are no punishments in place yet to give people closure if they are guilty. Plus the girl has to see this in the news and broadcast on television for months without a conclusion. Just wait until it's over to make it public and it is better for each and every person and group involved.

The team and coach stood up for the rights of their teammates story to be heard by impartial people before they were branded guilty. Nobody is condoning sexual assault. The police investigation determined it consensual.

The chairman of the U of M regents said the process is flawed. Kaler and Coyle handled it poorly. Nobody needs to know anything until there is an outcome.

Can't give up on them yet. What if next season is the big one?

This situation is obviously more serious, but the BB team was in pretty dire straights early this year and they weathered the storm so far. This too shall pass.

Didn't you post this about a week ago? When are you going to begin your long break?

Top Bottom