Deadspin: How two investigations into Minnesota's sexual-assault scandal reached two

GopherLady

Reaction score
very different conclusions http://deadsp.in/H9g2Ard

Sorry if this has been posted, haven't even had a chance to read it, trying to get out the door for holiday travels but wanted to share...

That last line is typical deadspin

All the while, Golden Gophers fans will fill the the San Diego stadium for next Tuesday’s Holiday Bowl, and they’ll cheer like nothing happened at all.

That last line is typical deadspin

I thought that exact same thing in that it is completely unnecessary and untrue, seem to be confusing us for Penn State. Otherwise it is a pretty thorough article for those who don't want to read the reports.

May be typical Deadspin but it is true. Look how Vikings fans act like Adrian Peterson didn't beat his kid.

May be typical Deadspin but it is true. Look how Vikings fans act like Adrian Peterson didn't beat his kid.

He can beat anybody he wants as long as he can pickup some decent yardage!:mad:

very different conclusions http://deadsp.in/H9g2Ard

Sorry if this has been posted, haven't even had a chance to read it, trying to get out the door for holiday travels but wanted to share...

Thanks for sharing.

Diana Moskovitz does add and subtract, even from direct quotes. For example she removes "12 Black Men." I noticed a few more too, that were slightly off. Some of the narrative in hers seemed wrong, but never cross checked.

She implies the police did poorly, but she does not understand the purpose of the police report is not a news article. Strange for a journalist. She doesn't understand why they don't hand her more info. While the real answer is probably to protect this girl from being used by the likes of Diana Moskovitz.

She also adds she noticed some holes in the EOAA report.

There are better summaries. I don't particularly like journalist changing quotes without the clear distinction offered by brackets and ellipsis. Moreover, no real need for embellishments; I'd prefer some integrity. kind of a hack.

...and Ray Lewis murdered a man in cold blood, but what a great guy.

I thought that exact same thing in that it is completely unnecessary and untrue, seem to be confusing us for Penn State.

In no way is it completely untrue. "Due process" has become Minnesota's "Paterno reported it to his superiors!" (to a lesser extent).

In no way is it completely untrue. "Due process" has become Minnesota's "Paterno reported it to his superiors!" (to a lesser extent).

To a MUCH less f**king extent.

The quote was "Ill the while, Golden Gophers fans will fill the the San Diego stadium for next Tuesday’s Holiday Bowl, and they’ll cheer like nothing happened at all." This is a throwaway journalism 101 "conclusion"" sentence and if you think this hasn't affected Gopher fans, you are wrong. I know my family and I won't be watching and we have been pretty big supporters over my lifetime. Minnesotans and alums care about Gopher football but it isn't something we view as some holier than thou right, ala Penn State. For me this incident, has allowed me to put into perspective where sports, specifically Golden Gopher football, viewership and fandom weighs in my adulthood and I think it goes without saying others have felt the same.

To a lesser extent... INDEED.

The quote was "Ill the while, Golden Gophers fans will fill the the San Diego stadium for next Tuesday’s Holiday Bowl, and they’ll cheer like nothing happened at all." This is a throwaway journalism 101 "conclusion"" sentence and if you think this hasn't affected Gopher fans, you are wrong. I know my family and I won't be watching and we have been pretty big supporters over my lifetime. Minnesotans and alums care about Gopher football but it isn't something we view as some holier than thou right, ala Penn State. For me this incident, has allowed me to put into perspective where sports, specifically Golden Gopher football, viewership and fandom weighs in my adulthood and I think it goes without saying others have felt the same.

To a lesser extent... INDEED.

If you are a lifetime fan, dumb not to watch the game.

It is completely untrue. Gopher fans won't fill the stadium and not all there will just forget what happened. It's another example of it only being one extreme or the other. Just because you're there cheering for the team doesn't mean you're okay with what happened or that you're ignoring it.

Watching the game means you support the University of Minnesota and the Gopher football program, doesn't mean you support sexual assault

Watching the game means you support the University of Minnesota and the Gopher football program, doesn't mean you support sexual assault

Nah, watching the game on tv just means you haven't anything better to do at that point in time.

People are really over-thinking this one.

The argument is entirely over your head if you are drawing that parallel.

My argument has NOTHING to do with football. I cared so little about the impact this will have on the football team that I would have preferred for them to continue their boycott. I worked on these issues with non-athletes years ago, it was a travesty then, just like it's a travesty now.

You can disagree with the things that I am saying but to argue that I am only saying them because of football is idiotic. It makes you look incapable of having a serious discussion on anything.

If you are a lifetime fan, dumb not to watch the game.

How can you tell anyone what the value of their fandom is? Haha I don't get any awards for watching more Gopher games. I love football and I was raised on Gopher football saturdays and Vikings football sundays at my grandparent's house. It is entertainment and a pleasant distraction for me but the last couple years, in general, haven't felt quite as such and this incident was a push over the ledge if you want to call it that.

This wasn't a criticism of other fans. I get it. Personally, I need a break and I know others, even on here, have voiced that, that is OK.

...and Ray Lewis murdered a man in cold blood, but what a great guy.

Utter nonsense; Ray Lewis was a victim. The police placed murder charges on him in an effort to get nonexistent information for the murder from him. When it became evident he didn't murder nor had knowledge of said murder in an effort to save face they reduced the murder charges to a misdemeanor. The two non celebrities accused of murder with him were found not guilty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom