Rashad Still going off on Twitter: "justice will be served when she is in handcuffs"

Hmm interesting. I guess I would tell them whether you agree or not, the general public is disappointed and angry about this and we are ****ting down social media until after the bowl game.

It sounds like Claeys has made peace with potentially being let go after the bowl game.
I would guess if they banned social media right now the boycott would be back on. Not worth the millions

Each player suspended was given a copy of the report. One of those players gave it to the media. That seems to be the belief out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it included the missing 18-20 pages then?

get this guy off of twitter...he's doing himself more harm than good probably..

It appears that Vladimir Putin has taken an unexpected interest in Gopher football and has hacked Rashad Still's Twitter account! Maybe Putin has a few rubles riding on the bowl game.

When it comes to athletics, it has been a rudderless ship for 50+ years. That's why we've had so few highly competitive teams. I thought Coyle might be different based on his experience. So far I couldn't be more disappointed.

Pretty general broadbrush statement, you're talking all of athletics? I think the baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, hockey teams, etc..., might disagree.

Pretty general broadbrush statement, you're talking all of athletics? I think the baseball, softball, volleyball, wrestling, hockey teams, etc..., might disagree.

Agree. Then again, there are those that think only football and men's basketball matter. I, for one, am pretty happy with the women's teams for instance. :)

I'm talking the major sports football, basketball, and hockey.

Hockey continually underachieves. Do you really want to talk about the issues with the wrestling team? Lets not pretend that those other sports bring in even close to the amount of money football and basketball can bring in.

Each player suspended was given a copy of the report. One of those players gave it to the media. That seems to be the belief out there.

or a more likely possibility is this:

the female's lawyer(s) partially released (apparently leaving 20 pages out that are more damaging to the female accusers credibility) what was/is supposed to be a confidential EOAA "report" to KSTP-channel 5. likely with encouragement from someone named kimberly hewitt in the the female activist driven EOAA office, along with a wink & a nod from kaler/coyle, so that they could sheepishly close administrative ranks to unfairly start and win a PR battle of "trial by public tarring & feathering" of the accused. one they knew would be waged and quickly won by social activists on campus, by a mostly liberal media, and in the general public due to the "salacious" nature and descriptions in the only partially released & one-sided EOAA "report".

highly unlikely the illegal leak of the extremely one-sided EOAA "report" to KSTP-channel 5 came from one of the accused.

now that the confidential and extremely one-sided EOAA "report" has been illegally leaked to the press and further dragged the accused through the mud before they have even had a university appeal hearing......you understandably see some of the advocates for the accused fighting back in the only way they probably see as meaningful at this point....by attempting to take back some of the narrative that is attempting to cement itself.

they are doing this by starting to release some of the other investigative details found about the female accuser (like those from the actual one and only true constitutionally legal investigation done by the MPD & Hennepin County DA) that haven't yet seen the light of day in the "public square of opinion" and that likely don't paint the female accuser in the angelic light some in the female activist community are trying to portray and cement in narrative about the alleged "victim".

not saying i agree with any of it or the tactics on either side of the whole equation. i would prefer to have matters, and any punishment or non-criminal sanctions levied against an accused person, be solved in actual courts of law.....and only in U.S. constitutionally sanctioned courts of law. not in makeshift kangaroo university "courts".

that the kangaroo court system of an individual university gets to supersede the constitutional legal system and it's findings on a legal matter is what many find constitutionally disturbing here and about how "justice" is supposedly being levied here. it certainly isn't being levied "blindly" as it's supposed to be constitutionally.

from a purely tactical standpoint....all the accused are likely trying to do now is steal some degree of the narrative back in the court of public opinion. right or wrong....that is likely all this is. and they are using their advocates to help provide a megaphone.

and i find it disingenuous that anyone here likely wouldn't be doing the same if they in fact believed they were innocent and were not charged or arrested in a court of law...but then summarily had their reputation and name further dragged through the mud and destroyed by the media and by SJW activists in the EOAA office.

Hockey continually underachieves. Do you really want to talk about the issues with the wrestling team? Lets not pretend that those other sports bring in even close to the amount of money football and basketball can bring in.

You said athletics not "major" sports. Men's hockey was National Championship runner up in 2014 and have won the regular season conference championship (WCHA, B1G) every year since 2011.

Would have been nice if you prefaced revenue sports. When I followed the directors cup I took pride in Minnesota routinely being in the top 20.

overall the men's programs, apart from football, appear to be declining over the past few years, gymnastics this year looking to be the exception.

Note that the four wrestlers come off suspension January 1. Looks like just a blip, unless you're JRob

I would guess if they banned social media right now the boycott would be back on. Not worth the millions

I hadn't thought of that but you are probably right. I guess I was thinking that a lot of them would have more humility and be grateful they have a chance to play in a bowl game.

I hadn't thought of that but you are probably right. I guess I was thinking that a lot of them would have more humility and be grateful they have a chance to play in a bowl game.

These guys feel they and their teammates are being jobbed and that is the appearance. If a legit, legal process takes place I think at will satisy just about everyone. They don't care if taking a stand makes the team, the university, or you look bad. If they are kicked from the team for voicing their thoughts so be it. The U has a right to do that and the students will need to live with consequences. I suspect many will be leaving.

Its an open question how many of these guys get the hell out of there after the season.

If the point of their boycott was to advocate for players' rights...telling them they don't have those rights anymore might be a faulty strategy

You said athletics not "major" sports. Men's hockey was National Championship runner up in 2014 and have won the regular season conference championship (WCHA, B1G) every year since 2011.

Minnesota men's hockey could be and should be compared to Alabama in football. There's no reason they can't be a national title contender every year and yet they haven't won one in 13 years.

And yes as GopherOhana stated, I should have prefaced revenue sports.

the female's lawyer(s) partially released (apparently leaving 20 pages out that are more damaging to the female accusers credibility) what was/is supposed to be a confidential EOAA "report" to KSTP-channel 5. likely with encouragement from someone named kimberly hewitt in the the female activist driven EOAA office, along with a wink & a nod from kaler/coyle, so that they could sheepishly close administrative ranks to unfairly start and win a PR battle of "trial by public tarring & feathering" of the accused. one they knew would be waged and quickly won by social activists on campus, by a mostly liberal media, and in the general public due to the "salacious" nature and descriptions in the only partially released & one-sided EOAA "report".

highly unlikely the illegal leak of the extremely one-sided EOAA "report" to KSTP-channel 5 came from one of the accused.

now that the confidential and extremely one-sided EOAA "report" has been illegally leaked to the press and further dragged the accused through the mud before they have even had a university appeal hearing......you understandably see some of the advocates for the accused fighting back in the only way they probably see as meaningful at this point....by attempting to take back some of the narrative that is attempting to cement itself.

they are doing this by starting to release some of the other investigative details found about the female accuser (like those from the actual one and only true constitutionally legal investigation done by the MPD & Hennepin County DA) that haven't yet seen the light of day in the "public square of opinion" and that likely don't paint the female accuser in the angelic light some in the female activist community are trying to portray and cement in narrative about the alleged "victim".

not saying i agree with any of it or the tactics on either side of the whole equation. i would prefer to have matters, and any punishment or non-criminal sanctions levied against an accused person, be solved in actual courts of law.....and only in U.S. constitutionally sanctioned courts of law. not in makeshift kangaroo university "courts".

that the kangaroo court system of an individual university gets to supersede the constitutional legal system and it's findings on a legal matter is what many find constitutionally disturbing here and about how "justice" is supposedly being levied here. it certainly isn't being levied "blindly" as it's supposed to be constitutionally.

from a purely tactical standpoint....all the accused are likely trying to do now is steal some degree of the narrative back in the court of public opinion. right or wrong....that is likely all this is. and they are using their advocates to help provide a megaphone.

and i find it disingenuous that anyone here likely wouldn't be doing the same if they in fact believed they were innocent and were not charged or arrested in a court of law...but then summarily had their reputation and name further dragged through the mud and destroyed by the media and by SJW activists in the EOAA office.

The cover page of the KTSP report is addressed to one of the 5 players subject to expulsion. It could have originated only from a player or the EOAA, not the accuser's attorney. If a player wants to release the "missing 20 pages" that wasn't provided to KTSP, there's nothing stopping them, they can even do it through a surrogate, like, say, oh, I don't know, Tyrone Carter to choose a name at random.

All of the players are represented by the same lawyer. He's probably going to ask each of them if they were one who released it or if it's possible that a family member released it.

If they say no, the only other option is that either the victim or the administration/EOAA leaked it. If that's the case, it would be really easy for the players' lawyer to find out and take action.

Plus the original leaked version contained some personal information of the victim that was accidentally not blacked out. If it were the victim or someone supporting them, you'd think that they'd be more carefully to black everything out.

Patents who have close, healthy relationships with their children, regular contact, and open dialogue are in the best position to know what their kids are up to.

While that is true, I work with teenagers and have for 30 years. I can say that very few parents know what their kids are up to.

While that is true, I work with teenagers and have for 30 years. I can say that very few parents know what their kids are up to.

Unfortunately this is true and were talking good kids with good families. Many temptations out there.

Minnesota men's hockey could be and should be compared to Alabama in football. There's no reason they can't be a national title contender every year and yet they haven't won one in 13 years.

And yes as GopherOhana stated, I should have prefaced revenue sports.

You said the hockey team continually underachieves. They have made the final eight 7 of the last 14 years, made frozen four 5 times, winning two titles.

You said the hockey team continually underachieves. They have made the final eight 7 of the last 14 years, made frozen four 5 times, winning two titles.

Stop accepting mediocrity.

There has to be some arbiter of discipline on campus for this type of behavior and it certainly can't be the coach or AD. If the EOAA had not investigated the alleged assault some of these ass-clowns would still be on the field representing our university next week. No thanks. Just because the DA's office is uncertain about conviction does not give these boys a free pass.

They haven't won a title in 13 years, which I already said. When they constantly get the best talent, they should win more often than that.

You appear to be very happy with the Gophers administration and athletics. Good for you.

Top Bottom