Rashad Still going off on Twitter: "justice will be served when she is in handcuffs"

Good question but the bigger question is, why do we have a football program?

What a idiotic post. Yep, we should get rid of football! Do you work for the Tribune or the Academic Administration at the U?

Like the arrogant attitudes around recruiting, etc. the posters here on GopherHole do not necessarily have complete information and think they know all and can pass judgement. I'm sure everyone around Duke Lacrosse self-righteously knew all and had no problem passing judgement and condeming the players.

Please make this stop! Who's in charge here?! Just cancel the damn bowl game and start to pick through the rubble. Please! As Kaler himself said -- "this is bigger than football". Well, grab Coyle and take some action! This issue has been neglected for months!

I have been asking where Claeys is, outside of one tweet we haven't even seen him as far as I can recall. Someone needs to get control over there and tell the players to just shut the he!! up at this point and play football. They got the promise that the suspended guys will get a hearing, spouting off now won't undo any damage that has already been done, and all any of them can really do at this point is make things worse by going on rants like the one Still did.

Someone internal needs to get these guys off of social media. Assuming there is still someone internal with any semblance of control at this point.

I have been asking where Claeys is, outside of one tweet we haven't even seen him as far as I can recall. Someone needs to get control over there and tell the players to just shut the he!! up at this point and play football. They got the promise that the suspended guys will get a hearing, spouting off now won't undo any damage that has already been done, and all any of them can really do at this point is make things worse by going on rants like the one Still did.

Someone internal needs to get these guys off of social media. Assuming there is still someone internal with any semblance of control at this point.

He's appears to have zero internal controls. Meet with your staff and have them meeting with 5-10 players to discuss expectations for managing through the next week. Then follow up with them daily, allowing them to vent if needed.

What if he's right?

I don't want to suggest he's not. And my statement wasn't trying to make that point. Our damn University just seems like it's a completely rudderless ship. And it's an embarassment. Where the hell is Coyle on all this? I'd just prefer to shut things down at this point and take time to figure out how to proceed. Leadership is absolutely abysmal.

I don't want to suggest he's not. And my statement wasn't trying to make that point. Our damn University just seems like it's a completely rudderless ship. And it's an embarassment. Where the hell is Coyle on all this? I'd just prefer to shut things down at this point and take time to figure out how to proceed. Leadership is absolutely abysmal.

When it comes to athletics, it has been a rudderless ship for 50+ years. That's why we've had so few highly competitive teams. I thought Coyle might be different based on his experience. So far I couldn't be more disappointed.

Good question but the bigger question is, why do we have a football program?

Okay thanks for playing along PantherH@wk. I am amazed how much time you spend trying to pretend you are not a troll only to get a "punch line" in every so often.

I don't know why his tweets are all that offensive although it might be against team policy to tweet or speak about social issues. There has not been a legal proceeding regarding this incident and the facts are not known. Some of you need to dial it back until after the lawsuits are resolved. This is not over.

I think someone said on this board that she was "safe". Geeze they don't get it. This tweeting should get Claey's fired...my gosh can't he control anything. I wouldn't want my girls at the U, that's for sure.

I have a 21 year old daughter who is a senior at the U. I have no reservations about her safety being there.
She is not on Tinder making arrangements for anonymous hookups, she is not downing multiple shots of vodka before going out with friends, she is not hooking up with people she has just, or never met previously, she is not agreeing to threesomes with virtual strangers, she is not willingly attending parties where she does not know anyone, she is not leaving friends behind in unfamiliar surroundings.

But- if she were ever in a position where she was being investigated by this EEOA Committee, I would have concerns about how they conduct their business and render "justice".

I have a 21 year old daughter who is a senior at the U. I have no reservations about her safety being there.
She is not on Tinder making arrangements for anonymous hookups, she is not downing multiple shots of vodka before going out with friends, she is not hooking up with people she has just, or never met previously, she is not agreeing to threesomes with virtual strangers, she is not willingly attending parties where she does not know anyone, she is not leaving friends behind in unfamiliar surroundings.

+1

But- if she were ever in a position where she was being investigated by this EEOA Committee, I would have concerns about how they conduct their business and render "justice".

I agree with you. My daughter graduated from the U and I was never worried about her safety there.

When it comes to athletics, it has been a rudderless ship for 50+ years. That's why we've had so few highly competitive teams. I thought Coyle might be different based on his experience. So far I couldn't be more disappointed.

Wow! Truth hurts...

This team is out of control and the head coach needs to be sh^t canned because he is in no way, shape, or form a head football coach. These guys are going to get absolutely jack stomped in their bowl game. It's clean house and start over. By to all those guys that want to leave and all the alumni as well.

Claeys couldn't control a group of 5 year olds. He just has no experience at this, and his personality type is in no way geared for this position. Nice guy and I feel bad that he was put in the position to take on this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go back to Madison.

So if there exists 100 more pages and a 60 minute video, why would Tyrone Carter be allowed to see it? The only way I can imagine that happening is if the lawyer for the players let him see it, which seems like an odd move.
Odds are Tyrone and Antoine Winfield have been talking. Antoine was given full access by his son granting him those rights.

I really feel for the Holiday Bowl and Washington State. They will be getting a D2 team for their bowl. What's the over under on how many Gophers get tossed from the game? O/U on # of penalties, O/U on sideline shouting matches? Crazy irony how this SR class will finish up their careers. Wonder what Jerry Kill is thinking. The biggest thing I blame Kaler for is hiring Teague.

I'd love to watch the D-2 team win.

If she was doing all of those things you honestly think she would tell you?

I don't know why his tweets are all that offensive although it might be against team policy to tweet or speak about social issues. There has not been a legal proceeding regarding this incident and the facts are not known. Some of you need to dial it back until after the lawsuits are resolved. This is not over.

It is more the fact that he is ranting about it on twitter, won't accomplish anything and just makes him look bad. The court of public opinion is against the team right now and players venting won't help that. At this point the players just need to stay off social media and let the process play out.

If she was doing all of those things you honestly think she would tell you?

Patents who have close, healthy relationships with their children, regular contact, and open dialogue are in the best position to know what their kids are up to.

It is more the fact that he is ranting about it on twitter, won't accomplish anything and just makes him look bad. The court of public opinion is against the team right now and players venting won't help that. At this point the players just need to stay off social media and let the process play out.

True but that's exactly why he's doing it too. You gotta suppose they know what was in those non-released pages and the testimony in the police report that isn't getting any press. Then he/they read that Kaler and the newspapers are saying that they just saw the report and were surprised and shocked about how vile their 10 (or according to that d-bag Powers 20) teammates are!

While it certainly won't help their cause in many quarters what would you or anybody else do if they saw themselves being pilloried be nearly everyone and set-up by President Kaler? That same "court of public opinion" and President Kaler are the very reasons they think the process is rigged and the true story, or the story the believe to be true will never come out.

Bad choice maybe, but might be their only shot.

Why hasn't the coaching staff put a social media ban on the players? It is making things worse.

Lee Hutton graduated in 1999. Tyrone was drafted in 2000, so it would appear so.

Gee, I wonder where Tyrone's info is coming from?

Would wager not from the Committee or Kaler. Well, to be fair it DID come from the Committee...

Because after having just talked them out of a boycott they aren't going to try to antagonize?

Hmm interesting. I guess I would tell them whether you agree or not, the general public is disappointed and angry about this and we are ****ting down social media until after the bowl game.

It sounds like Claeys has made peace with potentially being let go after the bowl game.

Would wager not from the Committee or Kaler. Well, to be fair it DID come from the Committee...

Each player suspended was given a copy of the report. One of those players gave it to the media. That seems to be the belief out there.

Top Bottom