When is the absolute deadline to commit to the Game?

#2Gopher

Reaction score
I'm curious. When does a decision have to be made as to whether the Gophers are going to play or not?

I don't think it has been officially said, but have seen speculation that Sunday is the drop-dead date. If it's not clear by then, my guess is the bowl will make arrangements with NIU.

We aren't playing. We shouldn't want to and The Holiday Bowl sure as hell doesn't want the circus that would travel with this team. Let the 2016 season die, kids transfer, fire the coach, can the AD (fingers crossed), and start all over next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably when the bowl can confirm another team. I think niu are already out, so it may take them time to see if they can get players on campus for practice. After niu I think the next two options are pac12 schools. Ok geographically but would they want an all pac12 bowl

Wait.

This isn't a Wednesday night Twins game in April where they say "hell with it, lets reschedule for June". Bringing in a 5-7 NIU team with one week's notice is a huge rating hit to ESPN, breaks multiple contracts charter groups have established, 7 days to cancel and refund tickets that have already been sold and then resell them, and then the countless dollars fans have spent on flights and accommodations. Let's not forget who is running the show, the Big Ten will have significant repercussions against the University for not playing this game whether formal or informal.

There is 90% certainly this game is played.

Here you go:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Obviously gophers are playing now, but contractually I think Holiday Bowl was in a tougher spot. Holiday Bowl could've dropped the gophers for NIU but then they'd be in breach of contract with the big ten and the gophers would be off the hook for the bill.
Gophers already accepted bid and would not have breached their contract until they miss the first bowl associated event.

Holiday Bowl was in a tougher spot

There is a 100% chance this game will played.

There is way less than a 50% chance the game will involve Minnesota.

Let us know about other stuff you bet on so that we can take the opposite. Thanks.

Top Bottom