Kaler says in statement that football players have "thus far declined" offer to meet

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Kaler says in statement that football players have "thus far declined" offer to meet

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

The players said up front that they did not want to meet with Kaler.

They need to shut down the football program. If the guys boycotting continue to boycott after reading this report....well we really don't need football.

They need to shut down the football program. If the guys boycotting continue to boycott after reading this report....well we really don't need football.

yr crazy. This is like something my dad would say. "If they don't want to play football then we will shut the program down then".

Dismiss the coach and players involved.

Let the good kids who were not involved play the game.

The players said up front that they did not want to meet with Kaler.

Which seems petty to me. If he is willing to meet with them and at least attempt to provide them some more clarity why would they not want that? Maybe he won't be able to give them much, but they don't know that for sure if they won't even meet with him.

Which seems petty to me. If he is willing to meet with them and at least attempt to provide them some more clarity why would they not want that? Maybe he won't be able to give them much, but they don't know that for sure if they won't even meet with him.

I seem to remember that the team did meet with Coyle and got a runaround and then Coyle and Kahler said in their first statement that Claeys made the decision to suspend etc.... why let Kahler and Coyle get away with this taking the high road approach now? They all need to go. Fire every one of them Now!

My minimal confidence in Kahler is dropping fast. Why the hell would anyone outside of the warden (Claeys) and prison guards (coaches) meet with the inmates? Kahler needs to tell Coyle who needs to tell Claeys who needs to tell these idiots to shut up and fall in line.

yr crazy. This is like something my dad would say. "If they don't want to play football then we will shut the program down then".

Dismiss the coach and players involved.

Let the good kids who were not involved play the game.

So only the white boyz...smh.

Perhaps diehard is right when he says that Minnesota is a racist State.

So far we have an entire year of throwing black men out for not behaving like we want them to. Jim Crowe is alive and well in Minnesota.

http://www.fox9.com/news/224120587-story

In an exclusive interview with Fox 9, University of Minnesota President Eric Kaler said he met with the team in a closed door meeting.

"We had a productive conversation, I think we found some middle ground and that's about all I can say right now,” said Kaler.

So far the suspensions remain.

President Kaler is not saying publicly if Friday's meeting with the team has altered the decision.

"I think we had a good exchange of views, I understood them better I hope they understand me better," said Kaler.

So far we have an entire year of throwing black men out for not behaving like we want them to. Jim Crowe is alive and well in Minnesota.

Black (Gopher Football Players) Lives Matter!

I've tried to defend the players but I think I just can't do it anymore. Cancel the bowl, get rid of the problems, let claeys coach a terrible team for a few years and hope this blows over. Then we hire another builder like Kill or hopefully better and try it again.

Wow, where the F did that come from?

If they would reinstate the new named five or give them an expedited hearing for participating with the team, those not involved with physical contact, and keep the suspensions for the five that were suspended originally after the restraining order things could be somewhat different. The communication from the AD and the University has been handled poorly on all levels. There are aspects of the title IX investigation and report that seem one sided and from only one point of view, even if that is not a popular opinion to be shared. Some of that report draws on conclusions and stated opinions of investigators from that group. There are conflicting actions, reports in both investigations from all party's to the situation.
Students should have been advised of this Title IX investigation had to happen clearly, and allowed to be advised by counsel on answers to this committees questions. I think continuing the boycott is not a well thought out idea for the program.
That would probably make the rest of team agree to play in the bowl and save a little face for the Big 10 conference. I don't like that five of the 10 players in this were not granted due process on defending themselves, or not include portions of the criminal investigation parts as part of the EOAA investigation. Even if the AD reinstates the players, the coaching staff should not allow them to play and keep them on the sidelines, until they have their hearings.

Kaler the players don't want to meet with you but the Regents. If that happens we will see some serious **** come down.

It is hard to tell from the redacted document but I would think the team should try to get a player representative they trusted to read the document with a complete list of player names (victim still redacted) and come to a conclusion on the five, currently I would have a hard time allowing any of the suspended players back on the team at any point.

Top Bottom