Paul McEnroe is coming on Dan Barreiro's show in a couple of minutes ...

UpnorthGo4

Science Denial Denier
Reaction score
It should be interesting and highly informative.

Any news?

McEnroe mentioned that the players spoke to the EOAA voluntarily and that some of them felt like they were being ambushed. Also said that several of them said that the EOAA was trying to lead them with certain questions and that some of the stuff included in the report was taken out of context.

Based upon the EOAA's past stances......the interview proceedings......and the over the top recommendations (at least for the players not involved in the sex) that they were looking for a certain result and didn't act impartially.

I know the players want to downplay this as the EOAA report being biased - you need actual transcripts and preferably video tape of the interviews to weigh their claims.

That said - we now know that the girl willing went back to meet her 'attacker' that same night, DID NOT go to the hospital immediately, DID NOT go to the police immediately. I think this paints a picture of someone being convinced that they were raped when in their own mind it was a grey area. If it was a criminal case - definitely not guilty in my opinion. In the case of the U and the brand damage this case has caused - kick them off the team and revoke their scholarships but I don't think you can kick them out of school if they choose to stay here. There are people attending the U that have been convicted of serious crimes - these guys would never be convicted in a court for rape/assault - so the punishment does not fit the crime.

I know Paul. I still remember him investigating the Stillwater bridge and how it need to be repaired. I believe him to be fair and honest.

Top Bottom