Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: 2017 Volleyball

1. Default

Faces of Fearless episode, "Worldwide Gophers": with Santana, Rosado, Lohman, Goehner and McCutcheon

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post

Faces of Fearless episode, "Worldwide Gophers": with Santana, Rosado, Lohman, Goehner and McCutcheon
    Always really appreciated that Hugh and the program have recruited both nationally and internationally. It's a great opportunity for players and coaches to be exposed to the larger world and learn from one another.

3. Default

Minnesota downed Michigan 25-18, 25-18, 22-25, 25-8. The Gophers got off to slow starts in the first two sets but took control three quarters of the way through each of them. In the third set, error prone Minnesota trailed 20-14 before mounting a comeback tying the set. Michigan stiffened to win; but the Gopher momentum carried into a fourth set rout.

Rosado's 5 point serving run sparked the 3rd set comeback. In the fourth set, after Minnesota sided out for a 1-0 lead, Rosado put together an 8 point serving run to take control of the final set. That's one of the longer back to back serving runs I can remember.

In the first set Minnesota got things rolling hitting from the opposite with just about anyone. Later in the match Alexis Hart took control. Hart finished with 20 kills.

Of note: Kleinman played and Martin didn't. It was warm in the PAV; but I remember warmer nights. I still think the two match weekend against Texas a few years ago was much, much warmer. But it's time for AC!
    Last edited by Ignatius L Hoops; Today at 04:30 AM.

Interesting that Martin didn't play. I know she's been somewhat inconsistent, but she is a true freshman. Could be she tweaked something too. Michigan St (who we play Sunday) upset Wisconsin in Madison tonight 3-2 (Badgers first loss on the season). Nebraska also swept Penn St in Happy Valley (Nittany Lions first loss as well).
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala

5. Default

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...092217aaa.html

Alexis Hart hit .341 and tied a career-best 20 kills, while Stephanie Samedy had a double-double with 13 kills and 14 digs. Molly Lohman had 10 kills hitting .526 and recorded a career-best 14 blocks, and Regan Pittman and nine kills and hit .318. Dalianliz Rosado had a team best of 18 digs and three services aces while Samantha Seliger-Swenson produced 51 assists, four blocks and four digs. As a team Minnesota hit .359 with a set-best .565 in the third. They also added 17 blocks, 60 kills, 63 digs, and six service aces. Michigan hit just .156, had seven blocks and 47 kills

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius L Hoops View Post
    http://www.gophersports.com/sports/w...092217aaa.html

Alexis Hart hit .341 and tied a career-best 20 kills, while Stephanie Samedy had a double-double with 13 kills and 14 digs. Molly Lohman had 10 kills hitting .526 and recorded a career-best 14 blocks, and Regan Pittman and nine kills and hit .318. Dalianliz Rosado had a team best of 18 digs and three services aces while Samantha Seliger-Swenson produced 51 assists, four blocks and four digs. As a team Minnesota hit .359 with a set-best .565 in the third. They also added 17 blocks, 60 kills, 63 digs, and six service aces. Michigan hit just .156, had seven blocks and 47 kills
    Wow!

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

7. Default

A few highlights: One of the nights best efforts is at about the :36 second mark. An Alexis Hart, down the line blast, is dug in the Michigan back row and returned as an overpass; Alexis leaps and sends it back for the kill.