The key will be the Regent Meeting

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
If they get their meeting with Rosha & Hsu, that might provide some cover end the boycott.

I have no proof, just a feeling that airing grievances to 2 members of the U's governing body will help.

At some point soon, the Regents will need to step in. When they do, I don't think it will go well for the U's administration leadership.

is there a meeting scheduled?

At some point soon, the Regents will need to step in. When they do, I don't think it will go well for the U's administration leadership.

It is the only hope at this point imo.

The Regents could at least give the administration cover to do some reviews of the situation / process.... that might be helpful. Everyone gets to save face there.

I expect our 2017 football team will have a hard time beating Hamline University when all the dust settles. Expect the U to be fodder for to all D-3 teams, let alone D-1. The car just started the downward descent on the Gopher roller-coaster and it will take years to return upwards. Sigh.

If they get their meeting with Rosha & Hsu, that might provide some cover end the boycott.

I have no proof, just a feeling that airing grievances to 2 members of the U's governing body will help.
Wish you were right, but Political Correctness is so ingrained in higher education and in big business that I doubt regents would move in any way against Kaler and Coyle. Hope I'm wrong.

The Regents could at least give the administration cover to do some reviews of the situation / process.... that might be helpful. Everyone gets to save face there.

I think that would not look good for the Regents if indeed there really is nothing new here to warrant the additional punishment, especially if five were suspended for basically guilt by association/proximity. My hope is the Regents do just the opposite...have an independent review and let the chips fall where they may.

Doogie just tweeted that the meeting between the BOR and football players is happening right now

I think that would not look good for the Regents if indeed there really is nothing new here to warrant the additional punishment, especially if five were suspended for basically guilt by association/proximity. My hope is the Regents do just the opposite...have an independent review and let the chips fall where they may.

Well what I mean is the regents acting could give them cover for reevaluating and come to another result........ potentially.

Top Bottom