I've got an idea for a potential solution to the boycott...

Lakeville Goldy

Reaction score
Relative to the boycott, I think there's a fairly simple solution. Have the ten players sign a waiver to release all evidence for review by the football team and/or make it public (just redact any other names). If they are basing the suspensions on facts, this should convince the team (and/or public) that the U did what they had to do. If not, then that should come to light, too.

Coyle has said not everyone can have the facts. But if the players sign a release then everyone can. At that point, then people can make educated decisions about whether this is justified. As it is now you have one camp that says these are football players, up to no good, obviously assaulted her and they should be gone as well as the other camp that says we've seen too many people/players railroaded in these situations, there wasn't enough evidence to even press charges, the police report stated she consented to multiple men and was unclear as to how many so the players should be reinstated.

If this solution is presented and one side or the other balks, you probably know which side was more in the wrong. I doubt this will get traction though, someone will find a reason it can't be done...

I'm not sure of the legality of signing a release to escape suspension that the person feels is inappropriate.

It also doesn't change the end result, so not sure they'd want that.

I'm pretty sure these 10 players know what's on the report, and have shared it with their teammates. I think the question they have is how this EOAA came up with these "facts." And the players' reasoning for the boycott is pretty much because Coyle has no answers for them. Even some of the parents haven't able to get any answers to their own kid's reasons for suspension other than their name is listed on the report with no way to prove or disprove the report.

I'm pretty sure these 10 players know what's on the report, and have shared it with their teammates. I think the question they have is how this EOAA came up with these "facts." And the players' reasoning for the boycott is pretty much because Coyle has no answers for them. Even some of the parents haven't able to get any answers to their own kid's reasons for suspension other than their name is listed on the report with no way to prove or disprove the report.

I think you are right, but making it public would allow public opinion to be swayed one way or the other, kinda of hard to be accused of something and have no recourse to counter it, people want and have a need to explain their side. Players all know what happened and have always known, that is just the way it is.

Top Bottom