Antoine Winfield Sr on ESPN

wdgold

Reaction score
He said with 100℅ certainty that this boycott will include the Bowl game if players are not reinstated

Was it part of Outside the Lines? I heard they were going to talk about this on that show today.

I saw an interview with him on one of the networks last night, he was very unhappy with Claeys and Sawvel for not contacting him before his son did. Said "they looked me in the eye and I told them to take care of my son". He was pissed. Not good :(

This only adds to it. The rest of the guys dads are nobodies. This guy was an NFL All-Pro who seems to be on the verge of telling every future recruit to not even consider the U.

I saw an interview with him on one of the networks last night, he was very unhappy with Claeys and Sawvel for not contacting him before his son did. Said "they looked me in the eye and I told them to take care of my son". He was pissed. Not good :(
The "gotcha" nature of the communication is what disturbs me most. The EOAA railroaded the communication. It is evident by the reaction of Kaler, Coyle and Claeys that the EOAA just slapped their names on the sanction without their knowledge or consent. This was a power play on the part of the EOAA.

Whether the or not this is the right decision by the EOAA, their lack of prior notification to Coyle and Claeys, in particular, is a violation of their fiduciary capacity as decision makers for the University. This alone makes the EOAA's actions suspect.

Coyle and Claeys had no time to contact Antoine Winfield Sr about the EOAA decision because they found out about it around the same time he did.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Listen, his son bears some responsibility here too. I saw the interview on espn as well. He clearly said he didn't know his son was involved at all until his son got the suspension letter Tuesday. So, your son, at the very least, was in the apartment if not the bedroom when it happened, he gets called to come testify about the incident at some point in the last few days or weeks, doesn't tell u about it and ur mad at Clayes? Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen, his son bears some responsibility here too. I saw the interview on espn as well. He clearly said he didn't know his son was involved at all until his son got the suspension letter Tuesday. So, your son, at the very least, was in the apartment if not the bedroom when it happened, he gets called to come testify about the incident at some point in the last few days or weeks, doesn't tell u about it and ur mad at Clayes? Give me a break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he admitted any type of guilt or even being involved other than being listed as involved. His son being involved could just as easily meant that it was a surprise his son's name was on the list.

Top Bottom