Percentage chance we play in the bowl game?

Was she drunk, or not? You're taking testimony fro someone that was allegedly hammered but yet has perfect recall of events, times, and faces. Except she was already contradicted by the poice refusal to prosecute. It is a mad world.

You keep claiming that she has perfect recall. In this article, it reads, "Though she said her memory was spotty ..." In her statement to the police she says that, "she doesn’t have a recall about how the sex acts started." And, “I was removing myself from my mind ..." Also, you take her misidentification of Kionte as proof that she's a bald face liar. It could just as easily be seen as evidence that - say it with me - she didn't have perfect recall of events, times and faces.

She also admits to having 5 or 6 shots of vodka. Sounds like drunk is a definite possibility.

I'll go 85%. We'll see what happens after a night or two of sleep for the players and the Holiday Bowl giving them a deadline. And if they don't play, they don't play. Time will not be kind to these players, from a mental aspect. We'll see how unified they are as time goes on. If they still are, great for them. Sooner or later they'll have to start thinking about themselves and their own future and interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll go 85%. We'll see what happens after a night or two of sleep for the players and the Holiday Bowl giving them a deadline. And if they don't play, they don't play. Time will not be kind to these players, from a mental aspect. We'll see how unified they are as time goes on. If they still are, great for them. Sooner or later they'll have to start thinking about themselves and their own future and interests.

This game has no bearing on their future prospects. It doesn't make them better or worse as a player (may cost them a year of playing time in transferring). So I'd expect the administration to have to give a little first...

You keep claiming that she has perfect recall. In this article, it reads, "Though she said her memory was spotty ..." In her statement to the police she says that, "she doesn’t have a recall about how the sex acts started." And, “I was removing myself from my mind ..." Also, you take her misidentification of Kionte as proof that she's a bald face liar. It could just as easily be seen as evidence that - say it with me - she didn't have perfect recall of events, times and faces.

She also admits to having 5 or 6 shots of vodka. Sounds like drunk is a definite possibility.

No, I'm saying she DOESN'T have perfect recall. This leads into the second part of the "90 minutes" being totally unreliable testimony. And, her statement was contradicted by the video. The police investigator said she appeared coherent, willing, and consenting. She is a totally unreliable witness and a proven liar.

What part of that is not getting through?

From an MPR article. Sounds like a very reliable source for what happened that night.

The woman recounted going to an apartment building near the stadium after a football team win over Oregon State. She described a sexual encounter with player Carlton Djam in his room, but said she wasn't a willing participant. "I felt very overpowered and fearful," she testified.

She then described a series of successive assaults by men in Djam's apartment, but conceded she didn't remember all the details clearly, possibly including the number of young men involved.

But she also conceded, when asked by Lee Hutton, the attorney for the players, that she'd later told police investigators that the sex with Djam was consensual — a potential explanation for why the case didn't result in criminal charges.

"Yes, I did say that," the woman testified. "I do not believe it was true." She describes being "frozen with fear" as the assaults continued.

Hutton's cross examination focused on whether the sexual encounters were consensual or involved any use of force.

He also made reference to Instagram messages passing between the woman and the players, to her drinking before she went to Djam's apartment, as well as the woman's opportunities to leave the apartment.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/11/02/u-minnesota-football-players-restraining-orders-dropped

If the administration had any brains they would have postponed the Title IX hammer to January and let the game go on. They asked for this by the timing of the blow.

From an MPR article. Sounds like a very reliable source for what happened that night.

The woman recounted going to an apartment building near the stadium after a football team win over Oregon State. She described a sexual encounter with player Carlton Djam in his room, but said she wasn't a willing participant. "I felt very overpowered and fearful," she testified.

She then described a series of successive assaults by men in Djam's apartment, but conceded she didn't remember all the details clearly, possibly including the number of young men involved.

But she also conceded, when asked by Lee Hutton, the attorney for the players, that she'd later told police investigators that the sex with Djam was consensual — a potential explanation for why the case didn't result in criminal charges.

"Yes, I did say that," the woman testified. "I do not believe it was true." She describes being "frozen with fear" as the assaults continued.

Hutton's cross examination focused on whether the sexual encounters were consensual or involved any use of force.

He also made reference to Instagram messages passing between the woman and the players, to her drinking before she went to Djam's apartment, as well as the woman's opportunities to leave the apartment.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2016/11/02/u-minnesota-football-players-restraining-orders-dropped

Accuser: "Ok fine, you guys got me, I lied. I'll drop the restraining orders if you guys don't press charges, and I won't press charges, as long as you guys don't get near me because I'm already ashamed of myself."

Accuser: "Ok fine, you guys got me, I lied. I'll drop the restraining orders if you guys don't press charges, and I won't press charges, as long as you guys don't get near me because I'm already ashamed of myself."

Seems to reek of regret vs. forcible rape. That said - the guys that had sex with her (after Djam) are too stupid to represent the University. Seriously - what the 4th or 5th guy in line thinking?

Seems to reek of regret vs. forcible rape. That said - the guys that had sex with her (after Djam) are too stupid to represent the University. Seriously - what the 4th or 5th guy in line thinking?

Actually, the stupid guys are starting to look like ideal candidates to represent this clown show.

If I'm the Holiday Bowl I pick NIU today. The majority of guys on that team will end up regretting this and will end up playing for MN next year. Not a well thought out boycott, much more reactionary. None of them have even read the 82 page report, maybe they should have done that first. But I can't blame them, they are young kids. Haven't even been out in the real world yet. Great learning experience for them.

Was the report even made available to the team? My guess is no.

Do you guys really think these players give a damn if they play or not in the bowl game after this? Their statement was that they just wanted a reason for why their teammates were suspended, and when they spoke to Coyle, he didn't have an answer. That's why they felt like they are being treated unfairly. Don't even use the privacy issue, when I'm sure the players that were suspended themselves and their parents have asked Coyle and he again had no answers. Example: Winfield Sr.

It has nothing to do with the report... I'm sure someone (their lawyer) had already read it and helped bring this boycott behind the scene.

Go ahead Coyle and Kaler, call the players' bluff... you may make them fold, or you may be the one folding eventually.

If I'm the Holiday Bowl I pick NIU today. The majority of guys on that team will end up regretting this and will end up playing for MN next year. Not a well thought out boycott, much more reactionary. None of them have even read the 82 page report, maybe they should have done that first. But I can't blame them, they are young kids. Haven't even been out in the real world yet. Great learning experience for them.

They haven't been given access. They want answers but aren't getting any. You're the one that sounds naive on this. Proud of these kids for making a stink about this.

Back to the original question. Percent chance we play in this bowl game: 10

Nobody is backing down.
No way the Holiday Bowl sits around and waits.

There's too much TV money at stake here. Plus, you think they want MN right now anyway? If you were a bowl organizer, would you want this team, swirled in controversy, to be the topic of conversation in town for a week? Would you want 25% of the TV broadcast to be spent talking about the incident, the boycott, etc?

Regardless of who is right or wrong or if all the players play I am choosing not to watch. We should not be in the bowl game period.

Oh yeah, forgot to give a percentage. I say.... 0%. I think the Bowl will rescind the invite in the next day or so, and give it to NI.

Oh yeah, forgot to give a percentage. I say.... 0%. I think the Bowl will rescind the invite in the next day or so, and give it to NI.

agree. they have a replacement team and they'll act on it, no way this matter gets addressed in time

given the seriousness of this situation, seems appropriate now they don't play

having said all of that, it seems like the girl consented in the videos Djam had, which apparently satisfed the police

The issue was the girl claimed to have never given consent and not fully remember what happened because she was too drunk but the videos clearly showed that she did give consent (at least initially) and she appeared lucid and fully in control (according to the investigators report to the DA).

Back to the original question. Percent chance we play in this bowl game: 10

Nobody is backing down.
No way the Holiday Bowl sits around and waits.

There's too much TV money at stake here. Plus, you think they want MN right now anyway? If you were a bowl organizer, would you want this team, swirled in controversy, to be the topic of conversation in town for a week? Would you want 25% of the TV broadcast to be spent talking about the incident, the boycott, etc?

ummmm absolutely - the news coverage of this alone will pump ratings for the game big time. the narratives write themselves

Zero chance in my opinion. ESPN will likely encourage the U to decline at this point. I think much to the pleasure of many at the University, football is dead at the University of Minnesota. And for those that think a loss of financial contributors to the University is of concern to the Administration, you forget where we live. The state will simply raise our taxes to keep the halls of liberalism open and operating as usual.

Percentage chance I watch the Gopher basketball team play Michigan State rather than the Holiday Bowl = 100%

you're delusional.

in cluster****s like this when neither side wants to back down the middleman always gets the brunt of things.

He's in the first year of a five year contract, and the school president is on his side. Coyle is not going anywhere. There would be no grounds to fire him with cause, so we'd be paying him about $3.5M to go away. Not going to happen.

He's in the first year of a five year contract, and the school president is on his side. Coyle is not going anywhere. There would have no grounds to fire him with cause, so we'd be paying him about $3.5M to go away. Not going to happen.

So what? If you suck at your job you can still get fired this isn't hard.

I'm changing my percentage from 100% to 0%.

I can see Coyle canning Claeys, maybe bringing in an interim coach (Kill? who knows!) while he waits for the facilities to be done and then hiring his own guy.

Top Bottom