Ten Gophers football players indefinately suspended

We have more.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So basically, all the original clowns plus 6 more of their teammate buddies continued to harass the woman who filed the restraining order. Nice.

No, they did suspend players.

Lacking institutional control would be not suspending the players.

Wouldn't some lack of institutional control be constantly having off-field issues?

Please Coyle, it's not too late to back out of an extension. When you have 10 players that need to be suspended before a bowl game, I don't care what they did, leadership is lacking.

"Boy this is great news! Hope it's true. Now they can fire Claeys!"

A few misplaced priorities in this thread...

Mark Coyle's silence and lack of public visibility is deadening. He needs to be more engaged publicly.

Mega Tongue and Beth Goetz have a more public face.

I am hearing differently than Doogie is hearing. I tend to trust him more than my source though. Hopefully he wouldn't bring up that if he didn't have very good info

Like others have said, yup 8-5 final record. Starting to second guess going to see this team @ Ore St next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if this is all true, then Claeys has a big problem, regardless of what happened originally.

I am a big TC supporter, but if these guys felt empowered to keep bothering or interacting with this women after what went down, then trouble will ensue for all. All are gone, and TC will on very very thin ice.

Maybe the former Oregon coach Mark H, , or even the RTB guy will take the job, because this type of thing is what gets coaches fired. if crooked, dirty Baylor will fire a coach that finally beat Texas, then Minnesota will fire Claeys for a whole lot less.

Lol, we're so irrelevant it's not even national news.

Including the coach. His leadership seems reactive vs proactive with his players off the field. Traveling on the way back machine, a good coach lost his job for losing touch with his players off the court-Jim Dutcher...Talk all you want about 8 wins in 3 of 4 years. This is not a program on the rise anymore. The program and administration keep giving more reasons for those of us left to bail. Reap what you sow.

Let's slow our roll a bit. We don't yet even know what is behind this.

Mark Coyle's silence and lack of public visibility is deadening. He needs to be more engaged publicly.

Mega Tongue and Beth Goetz have a more public face.
Completely agree. He seems like a non participant and needs to be on the front lines of this stuff.

I feel sorry for the folks who put down their money to support this program in San Diego.

Completely agree. He seems like a non participant and needs to be on the front lines of this stuff.

Yes I agree, when he hides guess who the quotes come from. Board of regents, former players, etc. and that never goes well.

Please Coyle, it's not too late to back out of an extension. When you have 10 players that need to be suspended before a bowl game, <b>I don't care what they did, </b>leadership is lacking.

You really should. It matters quite a bit.

Never too early to have an academic issue. There is more to academics than grades.

Granted, but this would be odd timing. If they've been skipping class, etc. they would have been suspended long ago. Usually academic suspensions come down after finals.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This appears to be really bad outwardly. Some very good young talent. Could be that some of these guys are guilt by association? Why some of these kids just can't get out of their own way is beyond me. It's just sad all around for everyone involved. If they really are innocent why would they stay and be constantly harassed...I'm sure some would/will transfer.

Depending on what the kids did, Clayes should just cut them all from the team to send a message. The player need to fear the consequence of losing the privilege of playing on the team due to of bad behavior. Kill did it one way that Clayes obviously isn't good at, so you have to find a different way.

Obviously we should wait to hear all the facts, but if this is related to the restraining order again, those players should be kicked off the team. Even if you didn't do anything, you don't go and continue to antagonize or harass someone who just dropped a restraining order against you.

Hoping Winfield and Green are just academic issues (i.e. professors saying there is no way they can pass a class, or they are on the cusp of failing), they really looked to have great futures ahead of them.

Scenario: WSU routs Minny & WMU upsets Wisconsin.

Anybody that beats Wisconsin is a friend for life. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Will it then be time to consider Fleck? I know it isn't fair to Claeys. But, he shares part of the blame by not being more stern with his players. It may only going to get worse under Cleays' watch.

We need a young charismatic maverick coach who can recruit and breathe excitement into the program.

We are the unfeeling walking dead now. I may not even watch the bowl game now. :horse:

I feel sorry for the folks who put down their money to support this program in San Diego.
I feel sorry for the players that bust their butts day in and day out and positively represent the U of MN on the field and off the field and have to deal with the embarrassment that some nuckleheads bring to the program.

Granted, but this would be odd timing. If they've been skipping class, etc. they would have been suspended long ago. Usually academic suspensions come down after finals.

If they cheated on a final this would be the only timing that would make any sense

Depending on what the kids did, Clayes should just cut them all from the team to send a message. The player need to fear the consequence of losing the privilege of playing on the team due to of bad behavior. Kill did it one way that Clayes obviously isn't good at, so you have to find a different way.

Obviously we should wait to hear all the facts, but if this is related to the restraining order again, those players should be kicked off the team. Even if you didn't do anything, you don't go and continue to antagonize or harass someone who just dropped a restraining order against you.

Hoping Winfield and Green are just academic issues (i.e. professors saying there is no way they can pass a class, or they are on the cusp of failing), they really looked to have great futures ahead of them.

Yeah, you really should.

I used to take pride in having an honorable program with players like Brock and Cedric. Where is the leadership on this team?

This appears to be really bad outwardly. Some very good young talent. Could be that some of these guys are guilt by association? Why some of these kids just can't get out of their own way is beyond me. It's just sad all around for everyone involved. If they really are innocent why would they stay and be constantly harassed...I'm sure some would/will transfer.

If it was my kid and he continued to have these types of issues, I would remove him from the environment. With that said, we still don't know that is the deal here.

Top Bottom