Ten Gophers football players indefinately suspended

Gopher Bulldog: I agree with you. If the EOCC can't back up its recommendations it needs to be held accountable. That being said, we don't know the information the EOCC had and until we do, which we may never, we are going to have to rely on folks in power to make the right decision.

Section2: The fact that girls participate in sports at an equal level as boys is evidence that they wanted to when given the opportunity. Unless you were born long before Title 9 and are female you have no idea what it was like to try to play sports. Girls that went out for boys teams were abused to no end. Girls interested in sports were belittled not only by boys and men but also by parents. That you think girls weren't interested is like saying gays weren't interested in getting married in the 1990s because none of them did. I hate to make fun of people, but your ignorance must be bliss.

Bob Loblaw: Again that you don't care if donors leave makes your comments a special kind of stupid. Without donors there would be no football team. Now if you hang with the big donors...seven figure ones...and they are writing bigger checks today because they think the football team is being picked on, then I stand to be corrected. The donors I know think this kind of behavior is reprehensible even if it is consensual...which is still up for debate.

Girls interested in sports were belittled by girls as well. It is a social issue. In our society today, yes participation levels are equal. It has changed. I don't think government force is necessary or desirable to create that kind of change.
I'm not saying no women were interested in sports, but certainly different times. I don't think that's a controversial statement. But you stay up on your progressive high horse.

I'm skeptical given your obvious politics that you know for certain that the donors are with you on this issue. But if so, I don't care.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say Boycott... it's not like we can win anyways with the depleted secondary. Saves the embarrassment of getting blown out, and makes a stand at the same time.

I say Boycott... it's not like we can win anyways with the depleted secondary. Saves the embarrassment of getting blown out, and makes a stand at the same time.

Surrender and then demand reparations. Interesting.

A "concerning pattern of football player conduct" led University of Minnesota officials to investigate five reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault and retaliation by players. A July 16 email exchange between then-Athletic Director Norwood Teague and Kimberly Hewitt, head of the university's Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action office, outlined several complaints raised about football players during the 2014-2015 school year. "The notable number of Title IX-related concerns we have received involving football players, and the fact that three of the complaints involved groups of football players, demonstrates a concerning pattern of football player conduct that we believe requires responsive action," Hewitt wrote to Teague and now-interim Athletic Director Beth Goetz.

This article from Strib in 2015 tells you everything you need to know about what's transpiring now. Hewitt believes and has believed for 2-3 years that the culture in our football program is troubling and there exists a persistent pattern of sexual misconduct by some of our players. Right or wrong, she's sending a strong message to the program. She's pissed off. She warned them a year ago and believes they ignored her message. So, she brought the hammer down. That's all this is about.

Top Bottom