CBS: Jim Harbaugh leaving Michigan for Rams is reportedly a 'very real' possibility

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

However, it wouldn't be a shock if Harbaugh did land in L.A.

For one, Kroenke is one of the NFL's five richest owners, so he's going to be able to throw as much money as he needs to at whichever coaching candidate he decides to go after. For an owner who has everything riding on a new stadium that's set to open in 2019, $10 million a year might not be out of the question.

Second, Harbaugh is notoriously nomadic. In 12 years as a head coach, Harbaugh has never spent more than four seasons with one team, and he just finished up season No. 2 in Ann Arbor.

The Rams could let Fisher coach out his two-year extension, which expires after 2017, and then go for Harbaugh -- or any other coach -- at that point.
Let's not forget that after Harbaugh and the 49ers parted ways in 2014, it was reported that Harbaugh wanted to stay in the NFL, but he ended up going to college because there weren't any great NFL jobs available.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...e-rams-is-reportedly-a-very-real-possibility/

Go Gophers!!

On the cusp of the playoffs with Michigan he's gonna bolt?

I don't think so.

I think he could, but not next yearsa, Fish got an extension, wouldn't shock me if scUM made a run next year and then he left

I think he could, but not next yearsa, Fish got an extension, wouldn't shock me if scUM made a run next year and then he left

aren't they a super senior laden team? I know they have young talent, but the seniors on both lines have been the primary reason for their success this year.

Wow, talk about a click bait article. The headline is based solely on the ability of the Ram's owner to possibly throw a lot of money to a big name candidate.

Harbaugh will coach in the NFL again. It's not a question of if, but when.

Predicted this the day he signed with the Blubbering Blue. He'll be with the Rams 3-5 years and then he'll be on to another stop. It's what he does.

Interesting stuff. Maybe Les Miles will be at his Alma Mater sooner than some thought.

Rams fire coach Jeff Fisher - L.A. Times 1:45 Central Time

They fired Fisher, so there is that. From the L.A.Times:

The Los Angeles Rams have relieved Jeff Fisher from head coaching duties, the team announced via Twitter Monday.

The Rams fell to 4-9 Sunday after an embarrassing 42-14 loss to the Atlanta Falcons. The loss tied Fisher with Dan Reeves as the coaches with the most losses in NFL history.

Khakis just became real popular in LA.

Top Bottom