Juco OL Jimmie Terry a Gopher!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Is he a "road grader"?

What's the deal with another JC O line recruit? The three last year were supposed to be a bridge to give the frosh and RS frosh a chance to develop.

Good deal! Welcome aboard. Nothing wrong with adding good players.

It is interesting considering we took 5 O-lineman in 2015, Terry's HS class, 3 of which are interior guys in Moore, Dovich and Steiber. I would like to think that Dovich and Steiber are ready and good enough to the point where we don't need a JC guy from the same HS class but oh well, as long as he is an upgrade and makes our line better, I can live with it.

As we have all seen there can be another of injuries on the O line. There is nothing wrong with adding depth with guys that are ready.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

I'd suspect the line next year looks something like this

RT: Wright, Oseland
RG: Weyler, Terry Dovich/Steiber
OC: Moore, Mayes
LG: Calhoun, Terry, Dovich/Steiber
LT: Greene, Connelly

I'd suspect Mays mans the backup OC spot with Terry backing up one of the guards and Stieber and Dovich battle for the other backup OG spot.

Plus you have Schlueter and Conner Olson who could definitely crack the two deeps as well.

You two should meet for lunch at the Corner Bar in Bemidji to settle this...

Aren't you forgetting something? All Gopherhole related disputes settled face to face must be done so at Buster's bar in downtown Richmond, VA

Great news. I watched his Hudl video a couple days ago. He moves very well for a guy his size. Welcome aboard!

Not sure on how scholarship vs non-scholarship plays out, but with this commitment we should have somewhere around the following next year.

3 True freshmen plus any walk-ons
2 Red-shirt freshmen
5 Sophomores
4 Juniors
3 Seniors

Two scholarship OL graduated with a year of eligibility left. Replacing them with a JUCO is probably a good idea.

What's the deal with another JC O line recruit? The three last year were supposed to be a bridge to give the frosh and RS frosh a chance to develop.

Well this has been a great route for the gophers..
I would say about half kids we have put in the NFL been juco guys?

I would say about half kids we have put in the NFL been juco guys?

Of guys recruited by Kill and staff? It's exactly 50% of each, if my reckoning is correct:

JuCo
De'Vondre Campbell
Damien Wilson
Briean Boddy-Calhoun

High School
David Cobb
Maxx Williams
Eric Murray

Sure does. Stays pretty low too and finishes his blocks. Dare I say, "nasty"?!

Great- maybe he can push Calhoun whom I was completely underwhelmed by. DL's crossed his face consistently. I care not one iota that he's a JUCO if he can play.

Of guys recruited by Kill and staff? It's exactly 50% of each, if my reckoning is correct:

JuCo
De'Vondre Campbell
Damien Wilson
Briean Boddy-Calhoun

High School
David Cobb
Maxx Williams
Eric Murray

Interesting breakout, it appears those that travelled the JUCO route are contributing at a significantly higher level in the NFL.

JuCo
De'Vondre Campbell
Damien Wilson
Briean Boddy-Calhoun

High School
David Cobb
Maxx Williams
Eric Murray

Did Kill recruit Thompson?

Welcome! Show your skills here and you will be rewarded big time in the NFL. Glad to have you on board with us!

Top Bottom