Scheduling idea

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
Idea: Don't host four games in 10 days.

I mean I love Gopher BB and all but this is frickin stupid.

Not sure there is much they can do if they want to get all the games in and give the players a break for finals.

Yea, it is ridiculous, a team never needs to play 4 games in a week. Oh, wait, unless they are in the TOURNAMENT!

Playing physical teams before the conference games, playing back to back games, etc.. all good preparation for a young team. Or, it just could be scheduling problems...lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Idea: Don't host four games in 10 days.

I mean I love Gopher BB and all but this is frickin stupid.

I hear ya' Bruce. B1G season can't come soon enough, bring it on. That's when teams find out if they can be more than home-court heroes. It's time. Just 2 more non-conference games to slog through!

This is also the 2nd crazy stretch we've had this season. We had 4 home games from Nov 11th - Nov 18th...

Maybe mix in a few road games.

BTW. My complaint isn't about how many games they play in a period. It's about how many game they HOST in a period because I have season tickets. I can see where if you don't have season tickets then you probably don't care that you have to allocate large parts of 4 days in an 8 day span to going to games.

This is also the 2nd crazy stretch we've had this season. We had 4 home games from Nov 11th - Nov 18th...

Maybe mix in a few road games.

BTW. My complaint isn't about how many games they play in a period. It's about how many game they HOST in a period because I have season tickets. I can see where if you don't have season tickets then you probably don't care that you have to allocate large parts of 4 days in an 8 day span to going to games.

Am in agreement with you that most seasons we have too many home games. With a 13-game non-conference slate, need to play 2 true road games, or 3 if you don't schedule any neutral-siters. I've skipped the last two games, too much back & forth for me, as well.

Are the cost of season tickets adjusted each season based on the number of home games?

I can see where if you don't have season tickets then you probably don't care that you have to allocate large parts of 4 days in an 8 day span to going to games.

"Have to"? Is someone holding you hostage and forcing you to go to the games? Blink twice for yes...

"Have to"? Is someone holding you hostage and forcing you to go to the games? Blink twice for yes...

No, but with that many games crammed into such a small space and other things going on in your life, you have to make choices.

Going to 4 games in 8 or 9 days sucks. NOT going to a game because there are too many in a short period and you have other life priorities also sucks.

So overall, it sucks that they do this. I've paid for a 3 season tickets and a parking pass and now I either don't use them or I sell them for way less than I paid.

Are the cost of season tickets adjusted each season based on the number of home games?

Yes. We've received a refund a couple times, when they ended up scheduling less games than they charged us for. Of course, we were encouraged to consider the simple option of donating the $$.......

Boo hoo

No, but with that many games crammed into such a small space and other things going on in your life, you have to make choices.

Going to 4 games in 8 or 9 days sucks. NOT going to a game because there are too many in a short period and you have other life priorities also sucks.

So overall, it sucks that they do this. I've paid for a 3 season tickets and a parking pass and now I either don't use them or I sell them for way less than I paid.

Unbelievable, we are 10 and 1, you got season tickets and you are complaining about watching too much basketball? May I get you a tissue? This is the silliest whiniest post I may have ever read. How do you decide which garbage service to use? what cell phone carrier is best for you? where to buy groceries? How do you deal with all of life's decisions? Sheesh, make a decision! Celebrate life!!! You are blessed! Stop whining because you have to go to a basketball game. Maybe plan about 100 times better or don't buy the tickets if it freaks you out that much. Crazy silly!

Unbelievable, we are 10 and 1, you got season tickets and you are complaining about watching too much basketball? May I get you a tissue? This is the silliest whiniest post I may have ever read. How do you decide which garbage service to use? what cell phone carrier is best for you? where to buy groceries? How do you deal with all of life's decisions? Sheesh, make a decision! Celebrate life!!! You are blessed! Stop whining because you have to go to a basketball game. Maybe plan about 100 times better or don't buy the tickets if it freaks you out that much. Crazy silly!

Got it. You don't have tickets.

Got it. You don't have tickets.

I'm with Bruce on this one. The main reason I do not have season tix to basketball is the time commitment. They have 21 games, and at least half are just not that appealing (even with St Johns and Arkansas on the non-conf schedule).

Midweek games I have to adjust transportation to work, pay for parking during the day and at the game. Just not worth the hassle (on top of 7 football games). Instead I go to the 5 or 6 I really want to.

This year with a young squad I can see why they did not schedule any additional true road games other than the 1 they were required to (ACC Challenge), but I still would have scheduled at least 1.

Indiana had 4 home games in 8 days 11/27-12/4
Illinois 4 in 8 days 11/11-18
Ohio State 4 in 9 11/17-25

It happens

Yes. We've received a refund a couple times, when they ended up scheduling less games than they charged us for. Of course, we were encouraged to consider the simple option of donating the $$.......

Thanks. Didn't know how that worked.

I can understand the frustration then.

Got 3 and a parking pass for tomorrow night! My cost: $138!!!

114 row 5 on the inner aisle!

Top Bottom