***OFFICIAL NORTHERN ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Not pretty but another guy stepping up. Lynch played well.

Wilson for NIU is an obnoxious, dirty player (especially for coming off the bench)

Exhibit A) Hip checks Murphy from behind on a breakaway so Murphy falls to ground and takes out NIU player driving to the hoop (Foul on Murphy). Luckily, neither Murphy or NIU offensive player were injured.

Exhibit B) Makes a lay up over Mcbrayer and starts yelling in his face afterward (Technical Foul on Wilson)

He's a St. Paul kid who didn't get to play for his home state, but wow what a joker.

Agreed. Never seen a guy celebrate so many points while his team is losing the entire game. It seemed like every other basket he made he turned to taunt whoever was guarding him. I was happy to see him get a technical--sad part is, it didn't stop his shiit talking. I was embarrassed for him as he was doing that while down by about 15. Glad he isn't a Gopher.

Agreed. Never seen a guy celebrate so many points while his team is losing the entire game. It seemed like every other basket he made he turned to taunt whoever was guarding him. I was happy to see him get a technical--sad part is, it didn't stop his shiit talking. I was embarrassed for him as he was doing that while down by about 15. Glad he isn't a Gopher.

He did it when he made a 3 late in the game when it was about a 20 point game. Glad no one got sucked into it.

I mildly enjoyed the chippy-ness and trash talk in an otherwise uninteresting 2nd half.
gave me something to watch. I bet this probably stems from a frustrating start to his season, his limited minutes, and low numbers.
Also get a chance to go at your hometown team that passed you over.

19 points, in 21 minutes is good individual output. Seems like he was playing for more than just a win. (pride, family, and playing time)
The Gophers are gonna come across some tough players in the Big10 and in March, trash talk should be expected.
It was good no one too the bait in a game they had easily in hand.

Top Bottom