Gophers Pick Up a Saturday Night Commitment!!

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he will be the first Jakyle to play football for the Gophers. Are they going to play him at WR or RB?

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4283319/5721cee090eead5d90d637c8' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully he can return kicks and punts for us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he will be the first Jakyle to play football for the Gophers. Are they going to play him at WR or RB?

fwiw his hs coach sees him as more of a slot guy - i say try and get him in space as much as possible wherever that is on the field

Offer list looks like the Mason era non-conference schedule.

I haven't seen a qb turn it upfield that quickly since maybe Eric Crouch as a freshman. He'll play....somewhere

I haven't seen this type of ability to change direction since Barry Sanders. Dude would be a nightmare on jet sweeps if you ask me.

I haven't seen this type of ability to change direction since Barry Sanders. Dude would be a nightmare on jet sweeps if you ask me.

I was thinking of the same thing.

The proof comes in upcoming practices once he signs.

At best, we have an absolute game changer and he plays immediately (Shannon Brooks). At least, he is a late bloomer. He become a lights out player in his fourth or fifth year after going through the development program (Jack Lynn).

You never know for sure how a player comes out at least at the Gophers level of recruiting prospects. We generally don't see four and five star players flocking to Minnesota.

Lack of western Michigan offer is concerning

Weird that you would bring this up for a guy with an Arizona St. offer.

Last night when I posted that 247 only had Ball State, LA Tech, LA Laffeyette, Troy, and UTSA listed as offers. Looks like Colorado State and Arizona State came on in the intervening time.

Doesn't look like a 4.38 guy...

Just kidding, looks like a great athlete, hope we can get the ball in his hands! Can he catch punts?

Last night when I posted that 247 only had Ball State, LA Tech, LA Laffeyette, Troy, and UTSA listed as offers. Looks like Colorado State and Arizona State came on in the intervening time.

nah just bad reporting from 247 - his asu and colorado state offers have been there for a while on scout/rivals

That hudl video is wicked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that offer list is going to uncomfortably grow.

It's usually the way it works here. There will be griping about his offer list, but then once other power 5 teams offer he becomes a must sign that we will fret about losing.

Good speed and lateral ability. Hell, he was outrunning available blockers BADLY on every play on that video.

It's usually the way it works here. There will be griping about his offer list, but then once other power 5 teams offer he becomes a must sign that we will fret about losing.
Yep, all the newly hired coaches will be scrambling to fill their scholarships too.

I'd be wary of poachers and blood-sucking parasites of the recruiting business.

For what it's worth, Ponchatoula H.S. is 5A. Tyler Ervin-esque?

OT - Ponchatoula is also home to weird case at Hossana Church (spelling?). It's bizarre. . . think pizzagate meets True Detective. If you look it up, it's NSFW (warning).

Top Bottom