Pirsig's Last Game for Minnesota

John Galt

Reaction score
Thanks for staying home Jonah when we were a train wreck. Good luck in the NFL next year.

21 straight starts, soon to be 22. Played in 35 games. Care to comment some more?

We aren't going to count the Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue wins either then? That'd make us 4 and 4. Pirsig was listed as out those games.

When Jerry Kill was hired and Pirsig and is family went to Minneapolis for his visit, closing the border was only talk. He was the first player with options to play anywhere said I am going to play for the Gophers, it all changed. Whether it is the NFL, or Kindergarten teacher he will be great.

When Jerry Kill was hired and Pirsig and is family went to Minneapolis for his visit, closing the border was only talk. He was the first player with options to play anywhere said I am going to play for the Gophers, it all changed. Whether it is the NFL, or Kindergarten teacher he will be great.

Yes, very happy Jonah stayed home!!! He absolutely had choices!!!

Let's see some Cougar pancakes during the game. Thoroughly enjoyed watching big Jonah play. Thanks for all you do.

Agree.

Wish him luck. Hope he s able to play in the NFL

^ This.
Husker IS astute.

Q&A: Gophers lineman Jonah Pirsig discusses his time with the team - Strib

Jonah Pirsig came to the Gophers football program from Blue Earth Area High School in 2012 as a highly touted offensive line recruit. He spurned offers from several high-profile programs to stick with his home-state school. Looking back almost five seasons later, Pirsig reflected on the journey with the Star Tribune’s Michael Rand:

Q Is your perspective on this year’s Holiday Bowl altered by the fact that it’s your last one as a Gopher?

A I think the first few bowl games, I maybe took for granted a little just how special they are. As a senior, I’m realizing it’s my last game in maroon and gold, and I really want to soak it all in. We’re going to a good bowl game and it’s going to be a great place to play.

Q How do you begin to reflect on five seasons, including a redshirt season, and all that has happened in that time?

A My senior year of high school I think the Gophers went 3-9 and people from my hometown and even my friends were questioning me and asking if I was sure I wanted to go to Minnesota. But I really believed in Coach [Jerry] Kill and what he was going to do. Once I got here, I could feel it even more. Everyone in this organization feels like a family. That might sound corny and cheesy, but it’s true. And I think this year has been one of the best years in terms of that. This team has come a long way. I’m really excited to see what this team can do in the next few years. … Part of it for me was the challenge of coming here and trying to turn the program around — and make it a place where offensive linemen want to go.

Q You came in at the same time as quarterback Mitch Leidner. He’s your roommate and I imagine someone you’re pretty close with on the team. How has that relationship grown and what’s it been like to see some of the things he’s gone through?

A I’ve been really fortunate to be able to live with him and be close to him ever since I got here. Being around someone who loves football and wants to work hard as much he does makes me want to do the same. There were times when both of us were struggling with our love of the game and didn’t know if all of this was worth it, but every time that happened we just looked at each other and knew we had to do this, and helped each other out.

http://www.startribune.com/q-amp-a-...g-discusses-his-time-with-the-team/405826886/

We aren't going to count the Maryland, Rutgers, Illinois, Purdue wins either then? That'd make us 4 and 4. Pirsig was listed as out those games.

My bad, that was through Iowa. He did come back for Purdue. Has played in 41 games as Gopher.

Not getting you wins analogy...

PM makes a completely unecessary and wrong assholish-type comment, gets called out, and comes back with another comment questioning a pretty plain statement. You can't make it up.

Besides, I've heard guys that aren't starters is where its at.

PM makes a completely unecessary and wrong assholish-type comment, gets called out, and comes back with another comment questioning a pretty plain statement. You can't make it up.

Besides, I've heard guys that aren't starters is where its at.

Well, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. The stat is correct...he made 21 straight starts over the span of three seasons. My correction was not.

I don't see him as injury prone.

When I watched Pirsig this year, he looked pretty dang good as a run blocker. He had a nice career and senior season. Go out a winner and best of luck Jonah!

Seriously huge committment when we got it. Appreciated him staying home and grinding his @ss off her MN! Wishing him luck...

Top Bottom