Coyle talks Claeys extension, volleyball - Mn Daily

Iceland12

Reaction score
Coyle also discussed men’s basketball and the U.S. Bank Stadium issue.

The men’s basketball team is now 8-1 after getting eight wins all of last season. Are you feeling more optimistic about the future of the program than you were a month ago?

If you remember when we talked over the past few months, I give [men’s basketball head coach Richard Pitino] a lot of credit. This past summer, they brought in a lot of people to talk to that team and they really focused internally on what they were doing and how they were doing things and how could they improve their process. Obviously, I’m optimistic after the 8-1 start. [They had] a nice win last night at the Barn. Again, I give Coach Pitino a lot of credit. I give the students on that team a lot of credit because they looked inside themselves and what they have to do to do things better and they took ownership from last season, and I think you’re seeing the results with their hard work this past summer … Obviously, we’ve got a game Friday night, a game Sunday and then a few more non-conference games, and then we’ll start playing against Michigan State on the 27th. So again, I’m excited about the start we’ve had.

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2016/12/coyle-talks-claeys-extension-volleyball

Top Bottom