***OFFICIAL GEORGIA SOUTHERN AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

If you're going to play Georgia Southern you should beat them by 37, so mission accomplished.

So this is 6 games out of 10 over 80 points, an odd stat but is it a sign of a continuing good season?

Really good game, came out fast and never let them comeback. Was nice to see Hurt hit a three and add some points at the end

If you're going to play Georgia Southern you should beat them by 37, so mission accomplished.

NC State only beat them by 2.

Season low in points scored against us... It's becoming not just a coincidence. I can recall many Gopher seasons where teams just shot lights out against us and it seemed like we just had bad luck or Williams Arena was a shooters gym.

Length kills.

A lot more to be encouraged about tonight. Amir, Nate, and Dupree all passed the ball really well and I loved the energy of the Curry/Konate backup front court. I continue to be amazed at how fundamentally solid Amir is as a college freshman. Forget his talent for a second and just see how often he makes the right decision, is in his defensive stance, is able to draw fouls and refrain from committing them, puts the pass in the right place for his teammate to score, etc, etc. Akeem Springs decision making has been much better as well and he seems to be really settling in on both ends of the court.

The only two things that concerned me tonight were that the Gophers had another long FG drought to end the first half/start the second half and the inability of Gilbert or Hurt to step up and claim a sport in the rotation. I hope we are not bemoaning the loss of Fitzgerald (and who knows how good he was anyways) when foul trouble hits in conference play.

So this is 6 games out of 10 over 80 points, an odd stat but is it a sign of a continuing good season?

I'm happier that we held them to 30% shooting. The only two teams to shoot over 40% vs. us are Arkansas and FSU.

Probably time for my mea culpa on Springs. The first couple times I saw him, I thought he was just a chucker. I was wrong. If they have any chance at the tourney, it'll be on him and Konate as the first two off the bench.

23 assists....outstanding!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Probably time for my mea culpa on Springs. The first couple times I saw him, I thought he was just a chucker. I was wrong. If they have any chance at the tourney, it'll be on him and Konate as the first two off the bench.

I agree, add Curry too.

NC State only beat them by 2.

Season low in points scored against us... It's becoming not just a coincidence. I can recall many Gopher seasons where teams just shot lights out against us and it seemed like we just had bad luck or Williams Arena was a shooters gym.

Length kills.

Florida Gulf Coast also only beat them by 3 last Sunday and they are a solid team.

I continue to be amazed at how fundamentally solid Amir is as a college freshman. Forget his talent for a second and just see how often he makes the right decision, is in his defensive stance, is able to draw fouls and refrain from committing them, puts the pass in the right place for his teammate to score, etc, etc.

Also been impressed and surprised. It starts with Dad I'm sure. One of my all-time favorites because of his effort, especially with doing all the glue-guy things. Looks like he instilled doing it the right way into his son.

If Mason can continue playing like this once we get into the conference schedule, we'll be in good shape. I really like that this team has multiple options and we don't rely on just one or two players every game. But need someone to be the leader and hoping Mason is that guy. Playing great right now, fun to watch.

Yup. Omitted Curry. Be really nice if a G could step up to give them 2 F's and two G's off the bench.

We only have four guards on the roster and three of them start. Unless Sharp stepped up, Gilbert and Hurt are more 3/4 type players. Shouldn't be an issue next year adding a long range combo guard and a Pure PG to the roster

Top Bottom