Indiana Daily Student: Culture of fear existed under Kevin Wilson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the IDS:

In the days after the resignation of IU football coach Kevin Wilson, several players described a culture of fear.

Players said they were pressured to play through injuries, such as blood clots and bulging discs. They said their requests for treatment were not only ignored but met with jabs such as, “Stop being a pussy.” Those who suffered injuries, players agreed, became damaged goods.

These players knew what they were getting into when they signed up to play Division I football, but they didn’t sign up for abuse. IU Athletics did not respond to multiple requests for comment on 
this story.

http://www.idsnews.com/article/2016/12/culture-of-fear-existed-under-kevin-wilson

Go Gophers!!

I'll never understand the desire to push players back from injury. Why would a player fake an injury? And if he did have the chutzpah to fake an injury why would you want him playing on your team on game day? Either way don't play the guy. Why risk injury recurrence/aggravating something. Hamstrings don't just magically get better if you only have them sprint one series instead of all practice. It's like the coach is saying "just the tip". No, nothing. Let the kids heal up totally.

The world is full of assholes. Some people do fake injuries but you just have to move on from them.

I'll never understand the desire to push players back from injury. Why would a player fake an injury? And if he did have the chutzpah to fake an injury why would you want him playing on your team on game day? Either way don't play the guy. Why risk injury recurrence/aggravating something. Hamstrings don't just magically get better if you only have them sprint one series instead of all practice. It's like the coach is saying "just the tip". No, nothing. Let the kids heal up totally.

The world is full of assholes. Some people do fake injuries but you just have to move on from them.

Stop being a pussy.

Top Bottom