Gophers make Lunardi's latest bracket as a #11 seed

I'd take it. Let's hope we keep improving so we can go dancing.

Beat me to it, Arkansas in as a 12 seed in the first four, UT Arlington a 13 seed about as good as a program that's a smallish mid major can get and FSU a 7th. If it turned out this way I would take it. Tough draw with Zona and with the Zags and Belmont potentially waiting next

Beat me to it, Arkansas in as a 12 seed in the first four, UT Arlington a 13 seed about as good as a program that's a smallish mid major can get and FSU a 7th. If it turned out this way I would take it. Tough draw with Zona and with the Zags and Belmont potentially waiting next

Yeah, but if we get past Belmont...

Well I think Clem's teams in 89 and 90 both drew the 14 seed in the round of 32 and I think they were both pretty close games

Sienna was one of them? That was a long time ago...

I'm surprised there is little hype about this. Can anyone recommend a radio program today that talked about Gopher hoops? As a NYC resident, I obviously get 0 Gopher talk. Unfortunately, when I tune int KFAN and ESPN1500, they rarely discuss the Gopher basketball program, which is a drag, especially considering that this year team looks special (not saying they are tourney bound, but few programs make changes like this in one offseason).

Kudos to Coach and all the players. Everyone has contributed so far, which is awesome. Chemistry looks great.

If Gophers finish the nonconference schedule with only 1 loss, I think that 8 wins in Big 10 play, plus a postseason win, could solidify a spot in March Madness...

Maybe I am being too optimistic?

Again, please, someone direct me to audio or video of actually bball experts breaking down the Gophers. I read everything of Marcus', but obviously a different perspective than everyone's favorite beat writer would be cool

I'm surprised there is little hype about this. Can anyone recommend a radio program today that talked about Gopher hoops? As a NYC resident, I obviously get 0 Gopher talk. Unfortunately, when I tune int KFAN and ESPN1500, they rarely discuss the Gopher basketball program, which is a drag, especially considering that this year team looks special (not saying they are tourney bound, but few programs make changes like this in one offseason).

Kudos to Coach and all the players. Everyone has contributed so far, which is awesome. Chemistry looks great.

If Gophers finish the nonconference schedule with only 1 loss, I think that 8 wins in Big 10 play, plus a postseason win, could solidify a spot in March Madness...

Again, please, someone direct me to audio or video of actually bball experts breaking down the Gophers. I read everything of Marcus', but obviously a different perspective than everyone's favorite beat writer would be cool

Coach Pitino is on KFAN on Monday nights 6:30-7:30 PM central. For other Gopher Basketball talk on KFAN you might want to just go to their website and listen to podcasts after the fact, they might tell you on the description what they talked about that hour and you can skip the stuff you don't care about. You can do the same thing for 1500 on their website (go to listen then on demand).

Coach Pitino is on KFAN on Monday nights 6:30-7:30 PM central. For other Gopher Basketball talk on KFAN you might want to just go to their website and listen to podcasts after the fact, they might tell you on the description what they talked about that hour and you can skip the stuff you don't care about. You can do the same thing for 1500 on their website (go to listen then on demand).

I'd also recommend the talkgopherbuckets and OneandDoneshow podcasts. The latter discusses high school ball in Minnesota as well as the Timberwolves a bit, though I'd say most of the time is spent on the Gophers.

Remember when we were projected to get a 2 or 3 seed at the beginning of Tubby's last year? Those were fun times.

Of course the ultimate goal is just to make the tournament but it would be a nice side bonus to get put in Milwaukee.

Don't think 8-10 would be enough, without a run to atleast the Semifinals of the BTT. I think 9 conference wins and a Thursday win in DC would do it. If we finish the non con 12-1

Don't think 8-10 would be enough, without a run to atleast the Semifinals of the BTT. I think 9 conference wins and a Thursday win in DC would do it. If we finish the non con 12-1

you don't think 20 wins with non-conference wins over Arkansas, UTA, and Vandy would do it? with the field at 68 teams i think that a 20 win season before BTT puts us squarely on the bubble (depending on those 8 BIG wins)

Gophers journey to the tourney: 10 B1G wins, 3 categories

Assumes 12-1 in non-conference. Always do these scenarios with idea in mind the Gophers lose their first B1G Tournament game. To feel "completely safe" on Selection Sunday, no questions asked, I think the Gophers need to go 10-8 in the B1G, making them 22-9 heading to D.C.

Gophers Journey to the Tourney (Do This And Gophers Are Safe)
ABSOLUTE "MUST WINS" (5-0)
1 @ Penn State
2 Iowa
3 @ Rutgers
4 Penn State
5 Nebraska

SPLIT THE "EITHER WAYS" (3-3)
1 Michigan State -- Big, big, big, big, big game to start the season. Big for the psyche of a team trying to find its way.
2 @ Northwestern
3 Ohio State
4 @ Illinois
5 Maryland
6 Michigan

"STEAL" A COUPLE (2-5)
1 @ Purdue
2 @ Michigan State
3 Wisconsin
4 @ Ohio State
5 Indiana
6 @ Maryland
7 @ Wisconsin

you don't think 20 wins with non-conference wins over Arkansas, UTA, and Vandy would do it? with the field at 68 teams i think that a 20 win season before BTT puts us squarely on the bubble (depending on those 8 BIG wins)

Was going to post but selection beat me to it

Thanks for the breakdown SS, nice to look at it like this (makes it seem so simple too...).

Thanks for the breakdown SS, nice to look at it like this (makes it seem so simple too...).

Thanks.

Definitely far from simple! I always cringe at the 1st category, especially. I think the Gophers should win all 5 of those games, but do I think they will? No. And if that's the case that means they have extra work to do in the tougher categories, plenty difficult enough as they are.

Great breakdown, appreciate the work. Hoping one or two of the "splits" and "steals" are on the road, really helps a resume. Agree with that Michigan State game such a big game for the team.

Top Bottom