Leidners last game forMN

There is a lot of weight on Leidners shoulders at the Bowl game.

For one thing this game will leave a lasting view of his college career.

Maybe jump start or cancel any future football for him.

Have a great game Leidner!

This game will have little to no impact on his future.

Hope he plays his best game ever in maroon and gold. Would like nothing more than to see him win his last home game and bowl game to end his Gopher career.

You're probably right, if we had competent QB play for > 80% of this year we would probably be the west champs. But after the Big 10 championship game I came away thinking, what if we had Trace McSorley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toss up on McSorley and Leidner. PSU WR's/TE targets are at a who different level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toss up on McSorley and Leidner. PSU WR's/TE targets are at a who different level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leidner may have a stronger arm and a couple inches on him but McSorley has been very impressive in other respects. His receivers are awesome, no doubt, but I know who I would want as my college QB.

Like others, I was hopeful Mitch would break through this season after a glimmer of possible goodness and perhaps greatness at times in 2015 but his slow and often faulty decision-making, accuracy, reads doomed him. That, and his receivers haven't done him any favors and we don't have a deep stable at TE. His offensive line was a gosh darn sieve vs Wisconsin. Embarrassing. I salute his toughness, leadership, and decency.

To all the ML haters and those who can't wait for the next version of who will be the next Gopher QB? How ironic will it be if you all wish he was still our QB in 2017? Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I really hope ML goes out a winner in the bowl game. He deserves that and has put in a lot of hard work, dedication and always represented the UM. Thanks for being a Gopher!

To all the ML haters and those who can't wait for the next version of who will be the next Gopher QB? How ironic will it be if you all wish he was still our QB in 2017? Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I really hope ML goes out a winner in the bowl game. He deserves that and has put in a lot of hard work, dedication and always represented the UM. Thanks for being a Gopher!

its not really ironic this is college football older kids graduate and younger ones take their place every 3-5 years that's how this whole thing works

You can't be serious?!?

I agree and hope you're right!!!

^

I'm sure ML is a great guy, but I wouldn't care if we had Jesus Christ as a QB as long as he could throw a forward pass with some competency.

I mean, it's always possible for things to be worse. This is the Gophers. However, I'd like to think our next QB will carry the program to new heights, and Mitch is going away. There is no other option than to plow ahead. We've probably max(x)ed out under Mitch. If we had Ohio State's or Penn State's receivers would Mitch had put up some better stats? Yeah probably. But those receivers aren't going to go to a program that doesn't have a good passer or a good offense. The offense is in full-on rebuilding mode and I fear recruiting will be in a rut until it comes to life. We need a line, we need a TE (or two), we need receivers, we need a good QB. A good QB will instantly jump start the rebuild.

Who is it going to be? Williams? Croft? Taa'mu? Green? Somebody else? I'm pretty excited for next season. It's going to be a new-look offense for hopefully better.

Mitch had two very good bowl games, with high percentages passing. He can do it again.

Mitch had two very good bowl games, with high percentages passing. He can do it again.

He's capable of it. He's had some great drives.

He's also capable of making me do this while watching the Badger game.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/NbgeJftsErO5q" width="480" height="379" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/funny-star-trek-mind-blown-NbgeJftsErO5q">via GIPHY</a></p>

I mean, it's always possible for things to be worse. This is the Gophers. However, I'd like to think our next QB will carry the program to new heights, and Mitch is going away. There is no other option than to plow ahead. We've probably max(x)ed out under Mitch. If we had Ohio State's or Penn State's receivers would Mitch had put up some better stats? Yeah probably. But those receivers aren't going to go to a program that doesn't have a good passer or a good offense. The offense is in full-on rebuilding mode and I fear recruiting will be in a rut until it comes to life. We need a line, we need a TE (or two), we need receivers, we need a good QB. A good QB will instantly jump start the rebuild.

Who is it going to be? Williams? Croft? Taa'mu? Green? Somebody else? I'm pretty excited for next season. It's going to be a new-look offense for hopefully better.

I think it will be either Croft or Green. Green has the build but Croft has the quickness, speed, and a good looking throw. If he puts on 10-15 lbs, he may be the guy.

Many were thrilled when Weber was done. Now we read the same for ML and for some good reasons. We are all hungry for a QB that can win big and often. I get that.

Hey, no one wants us to have a great QB more than me. Or even one who is consistently OK or even better than that. To put all our hopes on two unproven QB's is fine but......... Green & Croft may do well. That is in our future. Unknows and basically untested.

But you guys need to pay attention. So why is TC hot on the trail of a JC or even any JC QB? To fill a roster spot? I don't think so.

"We need this and we need that" has been the battle cry for the Gophers for decades. And now it's obvious that TC and staff feel we need a QB who is more game ready than what we have. Name me a JC QB who wants to come here and wear a baseball cap and send in signals to the QB? They want some assurance that they are good enough to be on the field. And, by the actions of TC and staff, that is what they are looking for.

The bottom line is that TC is looking for a JC QB.

Many were thrilled when Weber was done. Now we read the same for ML and for some good reasons. We are all hungry for a QB that can win big and often. I get that.

Hey, no one wants us to have a great QB more than me. Or even one who is consistently OK or even better than that. To put all our hopes on two unproven QB's is fine but......... Green & Croft may do well. That is in our future. Unknows and basically untested.

But you guys need to pay attention. So why is TC hot on the trail of a JC or even any JC QB? To fill a roster spot? I don't think so.

"We need this and we need that" has been the battle cry for the Gophers for decades. And now it's obvious that TC and staff feel we need a QB who is more game ready than what we have. Name me a JC QB who wants to come here and wear a baseball cap and send in signals to the QB? They want some assurance that they are good enough to be on the field. And, by the actions of TC and staff, that is what they are looking for.

The bottom line is that TC is looking for a JC QB.

They are now thin at QB, TC said he will recruit at least one QB every year. Don't read too much into the JC thing.

I'm sure ML is a great guy, but I wouldn't care if we had Jesus Christ as a QB as long as he could throw a forward pass with some competency.

I wouldn't rip on JC no matter how bad he played.

They are now thin at QB, TC said he will recruit at least one QB every year. Don't read too much into the JC thing.

You don't build depth with JC's. They fill immediate needs.

All one has to do is look at this year's OL.

By definition, bringing more in at any position is building depth, especially when the team is thin at that position.

Yeah, reading between the lines of the news of Ta'amus renewed interest the coaches may be intimating he has a strong possibility of being the starter come game 1. Obviously nothing is written and stone and nobody has signed anything.

Yeah, reading between the lines of the news of Ta'amus renewed interest the coaches may be intimating he has a strong possibility of being the starter come game 1. Obviously nothing is written and stone and nobody has signed anything.

So basically pure speculation. Maybe Ole Miss went dark and that door closed for him.

So basically pure speculation. Maybe Ole Miss went dark and that door closed for him.

What's the stronger possibility? They already had a QB committed when they offered. Maybe that QB was flirting with schools...maybe, maybe, maybe.

Either way, the fact we offered him means some small something and IMO means a lot. We can always take a PWO for the 4th or 5th stringer slot next year.

I disagree. You don't recruit JC kids to be backups. When you bring in a JC kid it is almost always with the hopes that they start because you only have them for a short time so it is pretty pointless to invest a bunch of time recruiting a guy that is going to ride the bench. This is especially true at the QB position. A JC Quarterback with any talent is going to want to go somewhere he has a great chance of playing right away, no point of going somewhere to just hold a clipboard for 2 years.

Ole Miss is letting their their co-offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach go... everyone liked him so it is a odd move. The assumption is at this point that this dude is the coach on the receiving end of the leaked txt messages telling a player where to get money...

That might change some things from a recruit perspective for sure.

I disagree. You don't recruit JC kids to be backups. When you bring in a JC kid it is almost always with the hopes that they start because you only have them for a short time so it is pretty pointless to invest a bunch of time recruiting a guy that is going to ride the bench. This is especially true at the QB position. A JC Quarterback with any talent is going to want to go somewhere he has a great chance of playing right away, no point of going somewhere to just hold a clipboard for 2 years.

Compete for starting position, yes, for sure. There's that opportunity to get potentially a free education at a highly ranked public university. Think that might be a point to transferring beyond starting...

Compete for starting position, yes, for sure. There's that opportunity to get potentially a free education at a highly ranked public university. Think that might be a point to transferring beyond starting...

Maybe, but he didn't go to a junior college because the education was great either.....

Maybe, but he didn't go to a junior college because the education was great either.....

Agree...mentioned that earlier too...need to get into school and then do OK in the classroom to have the chance. Many of these QBs were actually recruited to other FBS schools then went to JUCO after riding the pine.

Auburn brought in John Franklin III (FSU) from JUCO. Backup QB there. Andrew Ford (VT) at UMass. Justice Hansen...etc.

Once Ole Miss fired their OC/QB coach he changed his tune. It went from I feel comfortable with Ole Miss and won't visit Minnesota to I called Coach Johnson and we're setting up a visit for this weekend.

Agree...mentioned that earlier too...need to get into school and then do OK in the classroom to have the chance. Many of these QBs were actually recruited to other FBS schools then went to JUCO after riding the pine.

Auburn brought in John Franklin III (FSU) from JUCO. Backup QB there. Andrew Ford (VT) at UMass. Justice Hansen...etc.

Certainly no guarantee that the JC kid will end up as a starter (still has to win the job) if he comes here but the simple fact that they are looking at the JC ranks for a QB is a definite indication that they don't feel 100% confident in the 3 guys on the roster.

Certainly no guarantee that the JC kid will end up as a starter (still has to win the job) if he comes here but the simple fact that they are looking at the JC ranks for a QB is a definite indication that they don't feel 100% confident in the 3 guys on the roster.

I'm gonna be a broken record but I bet like 80 or 90% of teams aren't 100% confident in their QBs. Talent just isn't that plentiful.

You're probably right, if we had competent QB play for > 80% of this year we would probably be the west champs. But after the Big 10 championship game I came away thinking, what if we had Trace McSorley?

Would be better with PSU receivers than McSorley. He excells at schoolyard ball but not actual reads imo.

Top Bottom