Leidners last game forMN

Rog

Reaction score
There is a lot of weight on Leidners shoulders at the Bowl game.

For one thing this game will leave a lasting view of his college career.

Maybe jump start or cancel any future football for him.

Have a great game Leidner!

I can see your point...I was thinking he would be about a loose as possible knowing it is his swan song. Either way, I'm with you...have a great game kid.

Honestly not sure how many implications there really are on Leidner at this point. Hopefully he just goes out relaxed and has a great game to end his career. If he stinks it up in the bowl game though the people that already hated him are still going to hate him and the ones that have taken a more realistic view of him won't be shocked he had a bad game. On the flip side if he has a great game the hate Leidner crowd will just call it a fluke and still hate on him every chance they get whether it is justified or not.

In terms of his football future, no NFL team will make a decision on him based on the bowl game. They will look at his full body of work and how he does in post season workouts.

Unfortunately, Leidner's body of work already speaks for him and nothing can erase that data. This does not mean I want him to flop in the bowl game. On the contrary, I want him to have the game of his life and play as though he were the star of his Pop Warner league!

I wonder where this thread is going.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pressure. Lol

It's ironic that Leidner will depart as one of the more divisive and/or controversial QB's in recent Gopher history.

I've always rooted for Leidner - a local kid who wasn't highly recruited, looked like he was going to backup the highly-touted Phil Nelson - and then wound up getting a chance to play, and eventually becoming the primary starting QB for a D1 team.

the great irony about this - to me at least - is that Leidner really looked like he had figured it out in the second half of the 2015 season. Threw for over 300 yards against Nebraska & Michigan, 281 against Ohio State and 259 against Iowa, with 5 TD and 3 INT in that stretch.

So, coming into this year, with a new Offensive coordinator who (I thought) was going to add something to the offensive scheme, I was really excited to see what Leidner could do. What happened - in 11 games, only 3 games with more than 200 yards passing.

Was a bad fit between Leidner and Johnson? a bad fit between Leidner and the offense? we may never know.

is Leidner an NFL player? probably not - but I suppose if he tests real well at the combine, anything is possible. At the least, might get picked up as training-camp fodder.

Anyway, I don't hate Leidner. I'm disappointed he didn't have a better season, but I wish him the best in whatever life holds for him. If he's interested in coaching, I think he has a lot he could pass along to HS kids about dealing with adversity.

I hope they win and he says during the post game presser: "You won't have Mitch Leidner to kick around anymore!"

Then drop the mic and walk out of the press conference....

Pull a Cousins...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bsB7UQ8BlE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think everybody already has their mind made up on Mitch as a QB, I know I do. That being said, we should all be rooting for him to have a great bowl game.

Great kid, hard worker, didn't have the best receiving corps for most of his career, struggled at times, looked great at times. Could probably say that about most of our QBs over the last couple of decades. We need a game changer at QB to compete for BIG 10 titles.

I think everybody already has their mind made up on Mitch as a QB, I know I do. That being said, we should all be rooting for him to have a great bowl game.

Great kid, hard worker, didn't have the best receiving corps for most of his career, struggled at times, looked great at times. Could probably say that about most of our QBs over the last couple of decades. We need a game changer at QB to compete for BIG 10 titles.

And no one would want someone like him to have to walk away from a long relatively successful career with the way he played the last half against Wisconsin as his farewell. For better or worse I can't shake that as my lasting impression right now until I can replace that memory with how he performs at the bowl game.

I agree with everything you posted except that the QB needs to be a game changer. Gophs just need the passing offense to be seen as a little more of a threat, but not much better than we have...minus the ill-timed interceptions of course. Look no further in the B1G than Wisc, Iowa, and Neb...all ranked 90 or worse in passing offense. Mich is ranked 82, and OSU is ranked 77.

after thinkin about it more it would be dope for mitch to actually go game winning drive on this one. i want him to so bad because it would mean so much for this program to head out west and beat a quality pac-12 opponent and plant a flag for us in california.

san diego for pleasure now - we'll be back to pasadena on business soon enough

after thinkin about it more it would be dope for mitch to actually go game winning drive on this one. i want him to so bad because it would mean so much for this program to head out west and beat a quality pac-12 opponent and plant a flag for us in california.

san diego for pleasure now - we'll be back to pasadena on business soon enough

Waiting for SamSquatch in 3...2...1...

HE IS A GOPHER. I of course will always cheer for him and wish him the best.

Hope the kid has a banner game. Still.............how many times have we said during his career:
" JHC Mitch" !!! More than I can remember for any other QB in the 50 some years I've followed Gopher Football.

Hope the kid has a banner game. Still.............how many times have we said during his career:
" JHC Mitch" !!! More than I can remember for any other QB in the 50 some years I've followed Gopher Football.

rupes im with ya - will strap up for the last rodeo and be good with however things end.

I agree with everything you posted except that the QB needs to be a game changer. Gophs just need the passing offense to be seen as a little more of a threat, but not much better than we have...minus the ill-timed interceptions of course. Look no further in the B1G than Wisc, Iowa, and Neb...all ranked 90 or worse in passing offense. Mich is ranked 82, and OSU is ranked 77.

You're probably right, if we had competent QB play for > 80% of this year we would probably be the west champs. But after the Big 10 championship game I came away thinking, what if we had Trace McSorley?

You're probably right, if we had competent QB play for > 80% of this year we would probably be the west champs. But after the Big 10 championship game I came away thinking, what if we had Trace McSorley?

We'd probably have two more wins. Same as if we had Wisc QBs. Passing TDs and interceptions are the difference. If we had the passing offense of ML from last year, we'd probably have two more wins, one for sure.

Top Bottom