STrib: Holiday Bowl official: "We actually felt like we got a steal with the Gophers"

So you think Claeys is comparable to Chryst, Urban, and Harbaugh? You are very optimistic and I'll give credit for that.

Claeys best comparison is Gary Patterson. If he becomes the next Gary Patterson, I won't have any complaints.

Once again, dancing and completely missing the obvious. Was pointing out that many HC coming in with staff do just fine with previous recruits.

Once again, dancing and completely missing the obvious. Was pointing out that many HC coming in with staff do just fine with previous recruits.

I'm not dancing around anything. The obvious is 2 of those are helmet schools and Wisconsin is trending towards that. Those 3 coaches had previous head coaching experience at other programs. How are any of those coaches or programs comparable to Claeys or Minnesota?

At the very least this was the 6th year of Claeys defensive players and system. True 1st year coaches don't have that luxury. If you want to argue that Claeys 2 new coaches on offense need time to recruit and install their system, that's fine. There are also 3 coaches on offense that have been here for 6 years and are heavily involved in recruiting the skill positions, WR coach Anderson, TE coach Reeves, and RB/ST coach Poore. Should they be treated as if it's their 1st year too?

Sorry I'm not convinced that losing Kill's personality at the top and bringing in an offensive coordinator from Louisiana-Lafayette and an O-line coach from Florida Atlantic is going to improve our offensive coaching and recruiting.

Only time will tell on how Coyle feels. Claeys doesn't have an extension yet. If he gets a couple more years at the same low buyout, then he's still coaching for his job. I don't know why Claeys would agree to a deal like that though because it doesn't offer him or his assistants any security. If Claeys doesn't receive an extension at all, he's virtually a dead man walking next year unless they win more games.

I can agree that this was the 6th year of the Claeys defense. He was the defensive coordinater. And guess what? Our defense is very very good. However.....he had nothing to do with the offense prior to a year and a half ago. He shouldn't be judged based upon where the offense is.

I'm not dancing around anything. The obvious is 2 of those are helmet schools and Wisconsin is trending towards that. Those 3 coaches had previous head coaching experience at other programs. How are any of those coaches or programs comparable to Claeys or Minnesota?

Still didn't get the point even with an explanation that I wasn't comparing to TC. I tried, but it seems hard for you to grasp even the basic.

Top Bottom