Former Heisman Winner, Rashaan Salaam, found dead at 42

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Former Colorado Heisman Trophy winner Rashaan Salaam died at the age of 42, according to the school. He was found dead Monday night in a park in Boulder.

Salaam won the 1994 Heisman as a junior and was taken in the first round of the 1995 NFL draft by the Chicago Bears. As a junior he rushed for 2,055 yards and 24 touchdowns as the Buffaloes finished 11-1.

The Boulder County Coroner’s office said in a release that a body found in Eben G. Fine Park on Monday was positively identified as Salaam. The release said the coroner’s office would be conducting an autopsy and that the cause of death are pending further investigation.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/06/rashaan-salaam-dies-colorado-buffaloes/

Jeez, that's really sad. Hadn't heard much about him since his playing days. Not to make light of the situation, but he was a stud in Bill Walsh's College Football on Sega Genesis. I have fond memories of running the option with him and Kordell Stewart.

KiJana Carter was robbed.

He was an awfully impressive running back at CU and early on with Da' Bears.

I hate to see them go relatively young. I hope that it's easily explainable, heart attack or other medical issue, it's really easy to assume something else.

I hate to see them go relatively young. I hope that it's easily explainable, heart attack or other medical issue, it's really easy to assume something else.

I like your positive attitude. He had big weight issues which is hard on the heart, but I immediately thought illegal substances. No matter what, thoughts and prayers to his family in this time of loss.

I was just watching a CU game (I think vs. Utah) where they flashed to his number up in the stadium and talked about him - have not thought about him in forever and wondered what he was up to - and now he is dead. Strange, reminds me of the Ultimate Warrior making an appearance in WWE and then he is dead shortly thereafter.

Article says of a suspected suicide.

Not to make light of the situation, but at least Buffalo fans can take some solace that their program in on the upswing. I have family in Boulder who are huge CU fans and they used to always talk about how fun that program was to watch in the 90s with Salaam and Kordell.

Article says of a suspected suicide.
I had skipped the linked article because I had read a different one. The one I had read, didn't have any information about a possible suicide, the whole situation sad.

I had skipped the linked article because I had read a different one. The one I had read, didn't have any information about a possible suicide, the whole situation sad.

Very sad indeed

Sister reporting police said there was a suicide note....damn

Top Bottom