Jamir Harris Summer Mixtape

Nice to have a pure shooter lined up. Looks like he shot around 7 3PAs per game on the EYBL circuit and connected at about 40%.

If his shot is as good as it looks, he's going to get a lot of minutes right away.

Mason, Jelly Fam, Dupree, Harris. Fun group of guards to watch next year

Wonderfully fluid and quick shot. It looks great.

Why'd you have to show up so early in December PolarVortex?

Well, GopherWeatherGuy, you are more aptly named than anyone else on this board to handle matters of an atmospheric nature. You know that we have been blessed to enjoy three months of October until now. But, I guess our howling skin is telling us that our time is up. I have arrived!

I am SOOOO excited for these two guys next year!! Don't get me wrong, I am pumped for this year too! I think we will see some awesome pressure D next year and some great depth. Expect to follow this up with an outstanding recruiting class. Looking forward to this week-end at Hopkins gym.

Nice to get a 3-point shooter who can also create his own shot. Excited to have better depth next year. Really excited about the direction we are headed. Hopefully more of the fan base starts getting interested as more games are televised.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like his range. Looks like he drained a few of those 3s from Burnsville. I only wish he were 2-3 inches taller to give him ideal size for a 2, but of course then he'd be going to Duke.

Shot reminds me of Andre Hollins a bit. Very well balanced and good lift, with a quick release. Straight up, straight down, no back lean, a classic jumper. Haven't had that since Andre and I'm excited for Jamir to be a Gopher.

also like that he shows the ability to shoot it off the bounce, both in half court and pull-up in transition. none of the shots were forced, either. granted it's a mix tape, but looks very encouraging. if he and hurt can be consistent from 3, with washington breaking the defense down and getting into the paint, i like the potential.

Shot reminds me of Andre Hollins a bit. Very well balanced and good lift, with a quick release. Straight up, straight down, no back lean, a classic jumper. Haven't had that since Andre and I'm excited for Jamir to be a Gopher.

thought the same while watching. Young Andre.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm Jessie's Spanos type excited.

PLEASE GOD DONT LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN TO GOPHER HOOPS. ITS ALL I HAVE LEFT!!!

PG - Mason
SG - McBrayer
SF - Coffey
PF - Murphy
C - Lynch

Bench

1/2 Washington
4/5 Curry
5 Konate
3/4 Fitzgerald
3 Gilbert
3 Hurt
1/2 Harris

Cool excerpt from http://247sports.com/Article/Top-Ten-Standouts-on-Day-1-of-City-of-Palms-49873134:

Jamir Harris: The Minnesota commit was on fire from beyond the arc, knocking down six three-pointers and playing quality on-the-ball defense. Sometimes overlooked do to his talented teammate Nick Richards (Kentucky commit), Harris plays with a poise, intelligence, and toughness that sets a tone for his talented Patrick School squad. In this contest, he and fellow backcourt mate Jordan Walker put such intense pressure on the opposition, with their combination of penetration and perimeter shooting. For Gophers fans, Harris can combine a similar dynamic with future teammate Isaiah Washington, a four-star point guard Minnesota commit from St. Raymond's.

I'm Jessie's Spanos type excited.

PLEASE GOD DONT LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN TO GOPHER HOOPS. ITS ALL I HAVE LEFT!!!

PG - Mason
SG - McBrayer
SF - Coffey
PF - Murphy
C - Lynch

Bench

1/2 Washington
4/5 Curry
5 Konate
3/4 Fitzgerald
3 Gilbert
3 Hurt
1/2 Harris
What about Gaston?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jamir's 10-17 from 3 in the two games he has played down in Florida so far. His team plays in the Semi-finals in a couple of days.

Not that it really matters but I would expect Jamir to get a bump in the rankings when they get updated.

Jamir's 10-17 from 3 in the two games he has played down in Florida so far. His team plays in the Semi-finals in a couple of days.

Not that it really matters but I would expect Jamir to get a bump in the rankings when they get updated.

Yeah he seems pretty legit from what I've seen, it sounds like he can handle and distribute, and obviously his shooting is a strength. But he's only ranked around 230 on 247.

Yeah he seems pretty legit from what I've seen, it sounds like he can handle and distribute, and obviously his shooting is a strength. But he's only ranked around 230 on 247.

Yeah part of his ranking is probably because he is a sort of undersized SG. City of Palms is a big national event though and there are probably guys from all the recruiting services there.

He will slide right in to springs roll! Looks a little shorter than I was thinking.

Top Bottom