Any Chance of getting a Sun Country Charter to San Diego???

nemosgold

Reaction score
I need cheaper air fare to afford to go to the bowl game. Didn't Sun Country step up last time to offer lower air far alternatives to Orlando?

It's possible. They did the Orlando flights late, I booked before they expanded their flights and was pain in the ass, 2 days later they added flights....direct flights were cheaper than my round about way I had to take to make it tolerable

Fly to vegas, drive 5 hours to San Diego

I did the same as you last time, cost me almost twice as much. Wife won't go if we need to drive that far.

I did the same as you last time, cost me almost twice as much. Wife won't go if we need to drive that far.

I'd just like to pay around $400 for the flight....I already could get lower than what CC was charging.

When we went to the Citrus Bowl a bunch of people were contacting Sun Country via Twitter requesting additional flights. I'm sure if there was enough demand, they would add flights again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did find some cheaper flights Spirit Airlines, and also of Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz and those types of sites to SD, but nothing under $300, but a few were close. I'd prefer to leave Friday afternoon and return on Wednesday, and enjoy a few days walking Ocean/ Pacific Beach near Crystal Pier north of Sea World, just south of La Jolla. I suspect I am not going to make it there.

I also expanded the search to LAX, Orange County and Las Vegas, but did not get the big discount I was hoping for, relative to flying into San Diego. The drive from LA down to San Diego is not bad when outside rush hours.

If you stay in the North "beach" area, you can catch a bus to old town near the old Mission Blvd. Rollercoaster area, jump on the train at Old Town, and be at the Qualcomm Stadium in under one hour.

https://www.sandiego.org/explore/things-to-do/beaches-bays/pacific-beach.aspx

Yeah I wish I waited for the Sun Country late to the party airfare....we booked Southwest to Atlanta and drove from there
getting in Orlando around 6:30am, that sucked.

Yeah I wish I waited for the Sun Country late to the party airfare....we booked Southwest to Atlanta and drove from there
getting in Orlando around 6:30am, that sucked.

Didn't GopherLady nudge them last time...?????

Didn't GopherLady nudge them last time...?????

Yeah I dont remember who got that pulled through, we just saw the airfare go from $750/ to $1150/
to Orlando, Tampa and Jax all in about an hour of Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin being announced
for their bowls....and panicked.

If enough people call, they will schedule a flight. It's better than hoping the CEO reads Gopherhole.

Looks like Sun Country has added a charter, leaves 12/26 & returns 12/29. Just got an email from Gopher Sports. Didn't click on link to get $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom