#25 vs. #26 at the Barn tonight

heymyfav

Reaction score
Gopher women cracked the Top 25 in the ESPN/USA Today Poll at #25. They host South Dakota State, listed 26th in the poll, tonight at 7. Could be a dandy, the last time SDSU was here they won a "buzzer-beater" that refs later ruled shouldn't have counted. No TV, on WCCO 830.

If I were close to Williams arena...I'd be there. Gopher FANS....Hit the Arena, and make it rock. This game is gonna be a doozy!!!!! GO LADY GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Is there a webcast?

Audio only, but at least it's free, on gophersports.com.

SDSU has already beaten Wisc and one other big ten team, (and they only lost by about 10 to Brenda Friese's #10 maryland team) so this is a big test for the gophs.

33-28 Gophers lead at halftime. SDSU is killing the Gophers from 3-point land, the reason they are still in the game. Gophers opened with 8-0 run before SDSU reeled off 10 straight. Gophers then re-opened the lead at 29-22 before the Jacks closed it a bit before half.

UPDATE: Gophers built an 11 point 2nd half lead before it turned destructive ... poor rebounding, foul-prone .. SDSU was up by as many as 13 and won 65-55. Jacks outscored Gophers 36-22 in 2nd half.

Ellis-Milan had 15 pts and 8 rebs, McCoy 12 pts, Fox and Ohm 9.

Kristen Rotert killed the Gophers, 27 points with 6 3-pointers.

SDSU 3-0 vs. Big 10 teams this year.

One thing I've noticed about the ladies when the shots arn't falling it seems to affect everybody; even our best shooter Ohm. It happened against BC in the first half. Not a good sign heading into the Big Ten season.

Top Bottom