BTN: December 5 Big Ten Power Rankings (#9. Minnesota)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per BTN:

9. Minnesota (7-1).

Even in a loss to Florida State, Minnesota was impressive. They showed that they belong in the mix of Big Ten teams who will compete to remain in the middle of the pack and in NCAA Tournament discussions. Amir Coffey, Nate Mason and Jordan Murphy make the Gophers a tough team to match up against. They’ll be even better as Richard Pitino continues to help this team find its true identity.

Last week: NR

http://btn.com/2016/12/05/power-rankings-ohio-state-ascends-in-jon-crispins-latest-list/

Go Gophers!!

They have Maryland ranked #5 for no good reason other than they have room for growth and improvement. BS. On merit, the Gophers have been markedly better than them so far.

They have Maryland ranked #5 for no good reason other than they have room for growth and improvement. BS. On merit, the Gophers have been markedly better than them so far.

Agreed I expect to win that game at home

Maryland has wins over Georgetown Kansas St and Oklahoma State. GT may not be that good this year but who have we beaten that will be better wins?

Maryland has wins over Georgetown Kansas St and Oklahoma State. GT may not be that good this year but who have we beaten that will be better wins?

Arkansas. Georgetown is 5-4 and just squeaked by Elon... yes, Elon. OSU is 6-2 and KSU is 7-1 and they split their only significant games, losing to Maryland and beating Boston College..and Boston College is 3-2. I would say Minnesota's win over Texas Arlington will also look better as the year goes on (they won At Texas).

They are about the same on paper (Gophers and Maryland) but the Gophers have some wins that have the potential to look better and better as those teams play tough schedules (major conferences) and should keep getting better. The Gophers schedule thus far has actually been solid thus the record is more meaningful.

Arkansas. Georgetown is 5-4 and just squeaked by Elon... yes, Elon. OSU is 6-2 and KSU is 7-1 and they split their only significant games, losing to Maryland and beating Boston College..and Boston College is 3-2. I would say Minnesota's win over Texas Arlington will also look better as the year goes on (they won At Texas).

They are about the same on paper (Gophers and Maryland) but the Gophers have some wins that have the potential to look better and better as those teams play tough schedules (major conferences) and should keep getting better. The Gophers schedule thus far has actually been solid thus the record is more meaningful.

Jerry Palm has the Gophers 10th in RPI and Maryland 33rd. KenPom has the Gophers 51st and Maryland 64th, so while those are far from the only metrics, we're better than the Terps on both. But it's December 6, so lots of time to prove we're better on the court.

Melo Trimble is a media darling for some reason. He was bad last year so there's this narrative that he's naturally going to be a force this year if only because he'll have to be.

I don't see it with Maryland. Don't know if the Gophers are better than them but they've been overrated the whole year.

That Georgetown win also took an epic collapse by the Hoyas.

A win over OK State is pretty solid I will say. But I don't understand the Maryland media hype at all.

Top Bottom